Tanks, trucks & firepower 2011

Phil P

The Birmingham & West Midlands Area and the Alvis Fighting Vehicle Society continue their partnership for an even bigger and better show for 2011 at Dunchurch nr Rugby. Note the slight change of show name.

The show will be for vehicles of all periods both soft skin and tracked plus displays, dioramas and re enactment groups.

The show website is almost complete. On the site you will be able to either down load entry forms or book in online for vehicles or re enactors.

Vehicle entry forms will be e mailed to those who booked in this year and gave their e mail address.

As in 2010 there will be toilets and showers on site plus beer tent trade stalls and evening entertainment. Show details will also appear on various show diary websites.

Camping for entrants to TANKS, TRUCKS AND FIREPOWER 2011 who are then going to the Victory Show will be available. Please let us know.

Watch the HMVF Forum for details of the TANKS TRUCKS & FIREPOWER 2011 website and when it is up and running.

TANKS TRUCKS & FIREPOWER 2011. 29/30/31st AUGUST 2011

Phil P & Grumpy

Co organisers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate.

I think we can find you a few acres. Bring what you want. Space isn't a problem as you may have noticed. Our problem this year was folks who booked in and didn't show up. We even had one cheeky ******* who booked in 2 vehicles didn't bring either and then wasn't happy because he came by car and was charged to come in! Nice one!

Phil.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everybody, well those that read this.

Our website has been launched. We, well Grumpy 'cos I haven't a clue about websites, will add to it as we go along. The site is: www.tankstrucksandfirepower.co.uk

Forms can be down loaded but I will be at Malvern to hand out entry forms for vehicles and re enactment groups. Look out for my US Navy Dodge and with a bit oof luck we should have an Alvis Supacat suitabley 'blinged' up.

Phil & Grumpy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Blue Red Blue.

Sorry mate not to get back before. I have done a posting today on the show site you have started. I will do future postings on this one. We have had problems with the website and I have not been able to get through. I have asked on the other posting if you would like to co ordinate the Falklands display. It makes it so much easier if one puts forward a complete package. Also you know more about it than me. If other groups can do the same tyhat would be brilliant. Just e mail and let me know please.

Phil

oh get me im a co ordinater now lol, yep no worries, ive got your event form to fill in.ive a meeting with our group on sunday to work out a rough layout of the display, that will be then put to the other guys who want to join in and then in the new yr sometime we are going up to the show site for a recce. where we can present our ideal, cheers

Hi BlueRedBlue.

Sorry to repeat myself but I picked up the other site first. The Birmingham Area MVT are organising the re enactor and soft skin displays and bookings. The Alvis guys are doing the site facilities and firepower side as this is a joint show. Please let me know when you are going to site as we all need to meet up at the same time. I hope to go to site in the next couple of weeks to update where we are at. Then we can post the update. Nobody who wants to take part will be missed out.

If you can co ordinate your display that will make it easier for us. That goes for any other groups that want to take part. The field will basically be laid out as this years show but hopefully with more exhibitors and displays.

Please contact me for the displays and vehicle entries.

Phil

• 1 month later...

Basic show website is up and running just a few pages and the remainder of last years gallery to finish. Have a look here:

tankstrucksandfirepower.co.uk

Haven’t played with html before so it’s been a steep learning curve to say the least, but we are nearly there now. Please post any comments or improvements about the web site, but remember it’s my first attempt so nothing too complicated please.

You will be able to download all the booking in forms by the end of this week, and will be able to book vehicles in online from the 1st of Feb; I’ll keep you informed via this thread.

Sorry for the double posting in the other thread :angel:

Thanks for that Blue Red Blue. We will have clean toilets and showers again for entrants as we did last year. We will site some of the toilets on the Soft Skin Vehicle/Living History field rather than all in one area as last year. Last year when the toilets arrived the All Terrain Fork Lift Truck was not available so we had to unload in one area. The disabled toilets will still be on the hard standing. There will be an area for public camping for the three days.

Thanks to Grumpy for getting the website up and running after the fiasco caused by the original hosting company.

The Birmingham & West Midlands Area MVT and the Alvis Fighting Vehicles Society will both have displays at Stoneliegh Militaria on 30 January and entry forms for Vehicles, Living History, Public Camping and Trade Stalls will be available from both of us. I will be on the Brum display so come and say hello. (If you want to that is)

Oh yes we will be inside in the warm!!:-)

Phil & Grumpy