What Paint

oscar

Well,

para eh? 1980s? I would buy a few old issues of Soldier magazine and start thumbing through the used book stores for any photographic reference material on what was used at the time.

Clive Elliott will tell you what the markings should have been according to the era.

Remember a lot of vehicles in an MT park were just general dogsbody vehicles that did nothing more glamorous than run from the cook house to the ranges with an urn of tea and a few boxed lunches in the back.

The armed to the teeth roughy toughy all cammed up vehicles were not as ubiquitous as if often imagined, Paras are a variation on the infantry soldier and do walk a lot.

R

Recently received some info from Airborne Assault at Duxford, (actually little info), on my 1980 ex 1 Para lightweight. A photo showed a LR in matt green with no cam stripes, and no markings, the Pegasus emblem on vehicles had already gone. The only change I could see from standard were protective shields and grills around the headlamps.