Commer Q4 Spares?

Unimog1960

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone know where I can find a PTO for a Commer Q4 gearbox? I also require other parts including the window winder cables, they are like landrover wiper drive cables but smaller in diameter, did they fit this cable to other vehicles?

Rob.

1954 Commer Q4

Hey guys, we have too very tired Commer Q4s, one ambulance and one gun tractor. If you find any good sources of part please let us know. Best regards, James.

Some where in the garage I have (should have!) 1953 Commer Q4 spares:

Workshop manual, Drivers operating manual (original & photocopy), engine oil filter, 2 x front wheel cylinder, ignition switch, distributor cap, seal for air brake servo, 2 x headlamp bowls, knobs for gear & transfer levers, 2 x door mounted mirrors & mounting brackets, recovered (brown vinyl to match original) drivers seat base & back.

Dave : 07974581718 : highlandmonarch@hotmail.com

Hey guys, we have too very tired Commer Q4s, one ambulance and one gun tractor. If you find any good sources of part please let us know. Best regards, James.

Hi James,

Are you sure they a Commer Q4's? Q4 was not bodied as an ambulance nor a gun tractor from memory. Sounds more like a Fordson 3E (ambulance) or 4E (LAA gun tractor), they were known as "Commer cab" Fords as the cab shell was same as the civilian Commer QX forward control lorries. Or to put it simpler, a Commer Q4 has a bonnet and a Fordson E has engine under the cab.

regards,

Richard

Jda48 where are you as I'd be intrested in some of your spares?

As to window winder cable if anybody has found a source I also need some for my Q4 tipper? Seams a common fault.

Other things on my wish list are I need a complete 5 ton winch including pto drive shaft and fairleads etc, new window seals and a replacment fuel pump as the last twice I've taken her out she's driven sweet as anything for about 1.5 miles then failed due to lack of fuel getting to the carb, think the pump seals/ diaphram might be failing!

and a spare wheel carrier and I wouldn't mind another spare wheel!

so if anybody has or knows of the whereabouts of any of these items I'd be very intrested?