5 Group ROC HQ(Watford Herts)

You're right about the shelters. As luck would have it, we didn't get to do them as the groundskeepers were spreading with their tractors, Bugger. Mind you, one of our lot is going to contact the golf club to see if we can get an official visit.

The ROC HQ is here:

http://www.parkveterinary.co.uk/contact.html

And there's a bit more info' on it here:

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/sites/w/watford/index.html

Edited by Pete
added link

the ironic thing is I know a girl that works at that vets and never connected the 2,reguarding the shelters I have been in them unofficially and did try to get en official visit but had no luck ,hopefully you will do better

nigel

Apparently, there's quite a lot under the golf course. If we get the ok I'll send you a PM. It's a shame that you missed the last Dover trip, lots of getting grubby was had by all.

Me and the Mrs (Dugout Kim) had a chug out to the Shoeburyness Mulberry Harbour on Sunday. As it was at high tide there wasn't much to see, but worth doing.

Sorry about the pic' and video quality (Cheapo waterproof camera, and a small boat.):

http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/nn332/outdug/Shoeburyness%20Mulberry%20Harbour%205-9-10/

Edited by Pete

Been up there quite often. Mostly about two in the morning. Never knew it was ex military.

If you mean the golf course, I think that the shelters were something to do with the railways. I'm led to believe that they used the manor house as an admin' centre, etc.

Apparently, there's quite a lot under the golf course. If we get the ok I'll send you a PM. It's a shame that you missed the last Dover trip, lots of getting grubby was had by all.

Me and the Mrs (Dugout Kim) had a chug out to the Shoeburyness Mulberry Harbour on Sunday. As it was at high tide there wasn't much to see, but worth doing.

Sorry about the pic' and video quality (Cheapo waterproof camera, and a small boat.):

http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/nn332/outdug/Shoeburyness%20Mulberry%20Harbour%205-9-10/

funnily enough only a few days before you were exploring the mulberry at Shoeburyness me and my wife were exploring the same structure on the beach at Arromanche,to be honest the one in England looks to be in better condition

I don't know the area, even though I'm only in Stevenage. Horses at 2A.M.??? Some quality skulking going on there then.:D

No, normally some evil nasty sudden emergency. Most common is a twisted gut. Take your intestine , fill it with food then twist violently. I once had to take a horse with Grass sickness there (And before the Equestrian experts start! Yes I know you don't get Grass Sickness this end of country, just no one told the horse!) Managed to drive round from Orpington to the clinic with out stopping the vehicle once. Had to, if I had to stop and start the horse would have fallen over and probably never got up! They are *** good vet's up there. Which means they get all the real nastys!

No, normally some evil nasty sudden emergency. Most common is a twisted gut. Take your intestine , fill it with food then twist violently. I once had to take a horse with Grass sickness there (And before the Equestrian experts start! Yes I know you don't get Grass Sickness this end of country, just no one told the horse!) Managed to drive round from Orpington to the clinic with out stopping the vehicle once. Had to, if I had to stop and start the horse would have fallen over and probably never got up! They are *** good vet's up there. Which means they get all the real nastys!

I am getting confused here Tony are you talking about Park Veterinary clinic or the other place with the shelters?

Nigel

funnily enough only a few days before you were exploring the mulberry at Shoeburyness me and my wife were exploring the same structure on the beach at Arromanche,to be honest the one in England looks to be in better condition

I couldn't see much of the Shoebury one as it was high tide at the time. It's broken into two main sections, but the remaining metalwork is still sturdy (We tied off to a couple of the bollards so Kim could do some crabbing. It doesn't take much to keep her happy.:-)).

BILD0008.jpg

Edited by Pete