Fantastic old films

barrynevuk

I've spent many an hour looking through these films - it beats TV -and now have over 40 pages of notes (mainly WW2 vehicles). So do ask if you're looking for anything in particular.

Do you know of any films that contain austin champs by any chance? :shocked:

I've found this British Pathe sight tonight.

I have spent over an hour liiking at some of the films, there is even 1 of a saracen loosing a wheel, it did fly well. Some great footage of post war British vehicles. Some nice scenes of early cheiftains, centurians etc.

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=42513

What's the title of the one of the Saracen loosing a wheel?

Regards,

Matt:cool2:

Me too, me too!! Many thanks for posting, it is going to take a while to go through all of these!:tup::
.... it's ok, Montie, I found the 'wheely good one',....

It's called 'Mechanised Marvels' the commentator wrongly introduces a Saracen, as a Saladin, but it's definately one of our 'beauties'....... it drives down a steep slope into a wood, where a 'staged' explosion takes place, -watch for the 'flying wheel' :-D(all 200kgs of it!:shocked:), then a saracen drives out with a front wheel missing (-probably not the same one that drove in....I'll have to watch it again and check their numbers):cool2::cool2: