New baby, new job & moving house!!

Adam Elsdon

Haven't been on here for properly for ages, i have been "Busy":cool2: of late. We have just had a baby boy, born at home on Friday night (planned like that, not a medical emergency involving lots of towels and boiling water like in the films!) and have called him Harry, bigger sister Emily and big brother Mitch are fascinated!

Two days before that i handed in my notice, a day later we sold our house, and i still havent had a heart attack yet!

Now i have the great job of packing everything up, including my workshop stuff and the Pig, trailer and various spares etc i have accumulated and hauling it down the road to St Neots Huntingdonshire, to a house we havent got yet! woo hoo :nut:.

So if you are passing St Neots on the A1, or going over to Cambridge on the A420 and see what looks like a small military encampment in a layby with small children and dogs running around, its not armoured Pikeys, its the Elsdons....feel free to stop in and have a chat !

Anybody else here from these parts? is it an MV rich environment or thin on the ground , i did notice that Duxford is only 25 miles away, and shuttleworth is even closer.

Edited by Adam Elsdon

going over to Cambridge in a few weeks... now you got me wondering where shuttleworth is in relation to where I am going.

Very good boot sale location by Cambridge, but I need a map to figure out the name again, but often had a lot of old 'real stuff' there, tools and even a surplus dealer

Ok had to Google Earth it :D It's at or was at Oakington 52°15'23.51"N 0° 3'16.55"E

hoping to waste spend some cash there in a few weeks. Hope it's still ongoing

[ATTACH]32153[/ATTACH]

Haven't been on here for properly for ages, i have been "Busy":cool2: of late. We have just had a baby boy, born at home on Friday night (planned like that, not a medical emergency involving lots of towels and boiling water like in the films!) and have called him Harry, bigger sister Emily and big brother Mitch are fascinated!

Two days before that i handed in my notice, a day later we sold our house, and i still havent had a heart attack yet!

Now i have the great job of packing everything up, including my workshop stuff and the Pig, trailer and various spares etc i have accumulated and hauling it down the road to St Neots Huntingdonshire, to a house we havent got yet! woo hoo :nut:.

So if you are passing St Neots on the A1, or going over to Cambridge on the A420 and see what looks like a small military encampment in a layby with small children and dogs running around, its not armoured Pikeys, its the Elsdons....feel free to stop in and have a chat !

Anybody else here from these parts? is it an MV rich environment or thin on the ground , i did notice that Duxford is only 25 miles away, and shuttleworth is even closer.

Good God man!!!!!! Well done for still sounding fairly sane!! Congratulations to you, the missus, big bro and big sis. Good luck with the new house and job hunting!

Blimey with all these new babies I am going to have to open a creche soon!!!!!!!!!

Good God man!!!!!! Well done for still sounding fairly sane!! Congratulations to you, the missus, big bro and big sis. Good luck with the new house and job hunting!

Blimey with all these new babies I am going to have to open a creche soon!!!!!!!!!

Now you're talking, do you do an overnight service, I've got three mv newbies for you to educate while I sleep:)

Now you're talking, do you do an overnight service, I've got three mv newbies for you to educate while I sleep:)
If the price is right!!!!!!! :D

Creche Rosie? Haven't you enough problems already with the senile amongst us? :-D
Wrong age Tony, prefere them younger!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Depends on what you class an a MV rich environment. I only live about 20 miles east of st neots - in Northamptonshire and there a few MV's around the area, but we are not all on top of one another, and I actually keep some of my stuff about 20 miles to the north.

There aren't many MV only rallies in the area, but there are more 'Steam' rallies, but with a good military contingent - the one over May Day bank holiday weekend - Rushden Cavalcade - has about 100 military vehicles (out of about 1000 total exhibits) - of quite a diverse nature and from quite a wide catchment. The other advantage (if you drink beer as well) is the real ale bar - usually starts the weekend with over 50 different brews.

Not saying that I can assist with anything to do with moving, as similarly I'm usually busy, but do get in touch when you are around.

Good luck with coping with everything - I've moved often enough, but never with everything else that you are coping with at the same time!

Regards

Adrian

The club house is going to need a good clean, and a parent and child parking area, so thats all of the Scammell Explorers needing moved.

And giving custard creams to a days old baby will probably result in the creche been shut down in quick time, putting in a demand through channels for baby milk and Farleys rusks should sort that out though!

The club house is going to need a good clean, and a parent and child parking area, so thats all of the Scammell Explorers needing moved.

And giving custard creams to a days old baby will probably result in the creche been shut down in quick time, putting in a demand through channels for baby milk and Farleys rusks should sort that out though!

Oh no, the creche is not in the club house Adam! Its in the beautiful bright blue building just behind it. Its full of new exciting toys like scaled down model Tanks and GMCs. Lots of wonderfull play tool boxes and kits. Camo face painting. Parent and child parking spaces are plentyful. Jack has given me permission to buy Mothercare out of rusks and milk and of course milton! :-D