Mrs Hardyferret

Mark

Just realized that I have not introduced myself properly, so if anyone is interested -

Married to hardyferret for the last 7 years. Born in Dorset, Now live in Holton Heath in Dorset.

Have always been around motors of one sort or another, working in garages in the area and having previously been married to a good motor mechanic, who for a bit of fun put a 3 litre V6 engine into a 105E Ford Anglia without beating the whole thing to shreds or changing the outward appearance. He then gave it to me and I had great fun watching the faces of other motorists especially Mexico and RS200 drivers (in my rear view mirror). :naughty:

I personally do not own any green machines (but my lawyer said he can soon change that if Hardyferret plays up) I don't want to put the old man in the shade so I take a supporting role in his activity - quite literally on some occasions during different restorations. I do enjoy some of the events that we attend and have met some great people through this past time, and look forward to meeting a whole load more.

So when a Ferret MK 2/3 in Cyprus Green & Sand goes by With a long suffering femail perched in the turret madly waving her arms about and jabbering away on her head set - give us a wave :wave: :yay!: :wave::yay!:

for anyone who has ever met me they will know that i am the least girlie girl around & when it comes to jewellery i had to have something un girlie, i used to work on cars in a second hand spares workshop so it seemed fitting to wear a spanner instead of a diamond.

i had a 1/8th snap-on spanner imported from the states & have it on a silver chain, i do need it re chroming as it has gone black over the years.

it has set off airport scanners before & i do get funny looks when they find out what it is.

i would like a 10 mm open ended spanner bent into a bracelet but haven't got round to having one made yet.

not very exciting i'm afraid but you did ask. :wink:

ta

berni

definately,

we got the jimmy & russ did toy with the idea of selling her as she wouldn't come out to play very often but she tugs on the heart strings & i think we will have her for life now, or it will have to be a pretty dire situation for us to let her go.

dare i say it but i would have to sell the jimmy before the MW

we'll be taking her to swindon & cricklade instead of the jimmy

thanks for asking

berni

Glad to hear it, Berni.

Reason for asking, (soon) be looking for one myself,..(waiting for insurance payout).so don't hold your breath,...only been 3 1/2 years, to date.

Ok to pick your brains,......when the happy day arrives, (and yes, I know, I've to find one first. :-))

Andy