Why I sold the Antar

antarmike

To many reasons to list but I wanted to expand my workshop, and I needed floor space and cash. Answer sell the Antar. I now, instead of a 32 ton money gobbler got some useful equipment.

intheyard2003.jpg

Colchester Mastiff, 100" bed,

Qualters and Smith R4 radial drill, Bridgeport Turret Mill with 2 Axis DRO and Quill Star digital quill depth.

intheyard2002.jpg

intheyard2001.jpg

Bridgeport Slotting/ Shaping Head,

Kingslans Compact Unioversal Metal worker,

Edwards 1Mtere Bending Rolls,

intheyard2004.jpg

Lathe will swing Explorer brake drums over the bed, without having to take out the gapbed.

If anyone wants machining in Lincolnshire maybe I can help...????

Edited by antarmike

Been to a liquidation sale?

No my usual second hand machinery dealer, we have a good understanding

intheyard2012.jpg

Now what shall I convert this 18 tons of useless deadweight into. ? ( no -actually pleased it has gone to a good home, but some Dyson Money is also going to be ploughed into the workshop.)

I just feel I have done everything I coulde ever do with the Antar and Dyson and could see no new goal to achieve with them apart from more of the same....No time to walk down a new path.....

Edited by antarmike

Is that Jones crane behind all the kit on the lorry in one of the photos yours, and what model is it? They can be useful things, but interesting to operate.

Adrian

KL15?? Not mine, its the neighbours, but its fooked. The bevel gears on the axle and the axle bearings are so worn, the teeth slip past each other. Axle needs a rebuild. Its OK for a stationary crane, lifts 15Cwt Nominal, but can manage a ton close in. It has the long jib.

• 3 weeks later...
KL15?? Not mine, its the neighbours, but its fooked. The bevel gears on the axle and the axle bearings are so worn, the teeth slip past each other. Axle needs a rebuild. Its OK for a stationary crane, lifts 15Cwt Nominal, but can manage a ton close in. It has the long jib.

Drive train wear seems to be a common problem - both wear and also I've seen slewing gear teeth missing as well. As you say ok for a static crane. Thanks for the reply