British Desert WW2

secdean

Hi Guys,

We are setting up a British WW2 Regimental Aid Post (RAP), and we would be intrested if anyone has a WW2 British or commonwealth desert/italy vehicle that would like to take part. We are in talks about borrowing a K2 for the week. But any other vehicle owners would be more then welcome, and we have a wartime marquee we are setting camping tents up in you owners wouldnt be far from the vehicle. We can aslo provide spare any uniforms we have. Cheers, Dean

Edited by secdean

Hi Guys,

We are setting up a British WW2 Regimental Aid Post (RAP), and we would be intrested if anyone has a WW2 British or commonwealth desert/italy vehicle that would like to take part. We are in talks about borrowing a K2 for the week. But any other vehicle owners would be more then welcome, and we have a wartime marquee we are setting camping tents up in you owners wouldnt be far from the vehicle. We can aslo provide spare any uniforms we have. Cheers, Dean

Do you know where you are pitching yet? If you can ask to be adjacent to the Desert Raiders LRDG and Africa corps etc. That way you are in amongst a group of the sandy coloured kit. I shall come and visit if i may

Regards

Tim

Edited by tim gray

I think its just a case of turn up, pick from a selection of pitches and crack on. This year we have two teams on day rotations, theres actully ment to be 23 of us, so the RAP better be big ;) It depends with work if we can get someone to get our pitch on the friday, or sunday. We have a wartime marquee so were gona need some room, I l try and get us near but we really need a pitch with a decent amount of space due to people and casuality numbers.

We have a real Padre arriving on the thursday so Im sure he will bless your display as well!

Edited by secdean

I think its just a case of turn up, pick from a selection of pitches and crack on.

That is not the case, space is very limited, If you want to display in the "living history" area youv'e left it a bit late if not already confirmed your pitch area, all space in the Living history area was allocated at the site meeting back in May! you need to speak to Greg Cottee the living history liason officer, a.s.a.p !!

Edited by Nick Johns

• 1 month later...

just a late update to this thread, we did indeed get a largish area for our ADS. many of you guys may have saw it, we were the desert group who had the two wounded soldiers in the ADS in the trench, pleased to say we were runners up in best small living history display, only our 2nd time at W & P and 2nd time we have been runners up

just a late update to this thread, we did indeed get a largish area for our ADS. many of you guys may have saw it, we were the desert group who had the two wounded soldiers in the ADS in the trench, pleased to say we were runners up in best small living history display, only our 2nd time at W & P and 2nd time we have been runners up

I was invited to come in the trench and look around. I liked the display.