A newbie from Italy

Hello everyone!

Let me introduce myself and my Landies.

I am a doctor, Italian army reserve captain, I teach at the University of Pisa (but I am from Milan) and, after enjoying going around with an ex-soviet UAZ I saw the light and started collecting Land Rovers.

The first one is a 109" Series III of suspect origin (but this his another history...) and, since last week I have a lovely 88" LHD 12V formerly 67EK91.

Apart from the awful color the car is in good order, I will pester the forum with questions about bits and specifications...

Andrea

[attachment deleted by admin]

welcome to the forum,

i do have a soft spot for the 109 as it was my first MV. mine was a fully civilian spec which was drafted into the army. it was in original colours of blue & yellow roof when i bought it as it served in northern ireland. i did get into a few arguments with men who called it a fake as it didn't have anything military about it but they had to shut up when i produced the MOD release papers and the dvla registration documents.

why does yours have a suspect origin?

curious

Berni

When I took my first 109 top the garage for the MOT, they wouldn't let me drive it off the forecourt as it was the 'most dangerous' vehicle they had seen :-o

..........seemed alright to me as I had been driving it like that for a year!

Berni,

my 109" was delivered in 1979 to Belgium with a series of strange options onboard (I still have the delivery papers from LR that were tucked in the instrument panel). She was delivered directly to the customer (not recorded @ LR traceability) bypassing the Belgian official importer and had some strange electrics installed (why there was a support for a SEM 25 in the load area?).

Then she had a RTA somewhere, damaging the left wing and door and sold to a dealer in Verona (Italy) who had her repaired and registered in 1982...

What is both in Belgium and Verona? (I know the answer)...

Maybe it's just a product of my fantasy, but there is something strange....

Ashley,

well spotted! It's a 1925 Ford Model T tourer (m.y.1926).

Andrea