Quick question - how many plugs on fluid flywheel?

markbg

Question

9 answers to this question

Two plugs at 180 degrees to each other. If you think that a plug might have been fouling then it should show witness marks, same with the tin cover on the flywheel.

thanks guys - one of them is absolutely knackered - no corners left so looks like the culprit to me

thanks guys - one of them is absolutely knackered - no corners left so looks like the culprit to me

I seem to remember someone saying that you had to get the correct washers (original) as the fit in a recess??? or was that on the Ferret? anyway as suggested give RB a ring & see if he has the correct washers for it (& a new plug)

I seem to remember someone saying that you had to get the correct washers (original) as the fit in a recess??? or was that on the Ferret? anyway as suggested give RB a ring & see if he has the correct washers for it (& a new plug)

You need LV3JG/5365-99-815-6966 (plug)

and LV9CVW/2520-99-829-5393 (washer)

Chris

You need LV3JG/5365-99-815-6966 (plug)

and LV9CVW/2520-99-829-5393 (washer)

Chris

hi - ive found the dowty washers 5/8 th size works fine - i didnt know plugs parts though so thanks for that one is basically knackered so ill replace

thanks again!

hi - ive found the dowty washers 5/8 th size works fine - i didnt know plugs parts though so thanks for that one is basically knackered so ill replace

thanks again!

Tip: You can use the original washers again If you heat to cherry red & quench imediately in cold water. This will soften them & allow 'crushing up' when tightening to seal correctly.

Mike

Tip: You can use the original washers again If you heat to cherry red & quench imediately in cold water. This will soften them & allow 'crushing up' when tightening to seal correctly.

Mike

All of them have dowty seals on them but the leaking is still occurring so just called RB and am getting the original copper ones - the dowty seals seem ok when the flywheel isnt moving but dont seal when its turning - albeit I think half an inch washers are a tighter fit than 5/8 by the looks of it

anyway Ill get the original copper ones - as they are not used before I assume I dont need to heat them up to cherry red?

All of them have dowty seals on them but the leaking is still occurring so just called RB and am getting the original copper ones - the dowty seals seem ok when the flywheel isnt moving but dont seal when its turning - albeit I think half an inch washers are a tighter fit than 5/8 by the looks of it

anyway Ill get the original copper ones - as they are not used before I assume I dont need to heat them up to cherry red?

Nope you do not heat them before use, that is just on old hard washers..