Value Engineered Abbot

The VEA was not a cheap version for training, it was produced by vickers as a commecial venture -but only sold to India (there should be some photos on the Warbirds of India site). I believe those bought for BATUS training were the rump of the Indian order.

There was/is reputed to be a VEA on Otterburn Training Area but I am not sure it is actually a VEA as it could be a prototype.

I would have thought the BATUS VEAs would have been disposed of locally either to scrap or targeting -there would be little incentive for the MOD to bring them back and I never heard of any in private hands.

Abbot.jpg

Hi.

I have had a number of them in the States, still have one of the last ones produced.

It came back to the UK and then to BAOR, was reimported to the States later.

mark

Hi.

I have had a number of them in the States, still have one of the last ones produced.

It came back to the UK and then to BAOR, was reimported to the States later.

mark

There is one at marne barracks catterick as gate gardian

Some of the ones that were brought back to Europe had a bunch of stuff done to them to make them look externally similar to the full spec Abbots.

Here is the VAE I have at the moment

10-20-2008-47.jpg