Does Anyone know where parts can be Galvanised on a small to medium scale?

Rover8FFR

Hi Wayne.

It's Rocol that I have in the van. It's not cheap.:-(

Here's a link but have a shop around, maybe find it cheaper.

http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/main/sp-2-2453-12947-rocol-cold-galvanising-spray-400ml-69515.asp

Clive

protruckservices.com

Fantastic. Sounds just the job. Thank You :-D

Glad to be of help mate.

Make sure the area you are going to spray has been cleaned with a

cleaning agent. white spirit, thinners etc

Clive

protruckservices.com

Edited by protruck

Glad to be of help mate.

Make sure the area you are going to spray has been cleaned with a

cleaning agent. white spirit, thinners etc

Clive

protruckservices.com

Yeh! Some parts are with my friendly blast cleaner. Once back I will clean as you mention and have a go and probably update this thread with some pics of how they turned out.

Watch this space as they say.

For many years I used galvafroid as a cold galvanized undercoat, never had a problem with it, though they didn't do it in spray cans way back then:embarrassed:.

More recently I hand painted it onto the metal gate at work, still looks tidy and rust free three years later without any top coat.

http://www.dstgroup.co.uk/index/products/view_products/139/

Regards rog8811

For many years I used galvafroid as a cold galvanized undercoat, never had a problem with it, though they didn't do it in spray cans way back then:embarrassed:.

More recently I hand painted it onto the metal gate at work, still looks tidy and rust free three years later without any top coat.

http://www.dstgroup.co.uk/index/products/view_products/139/

Regards rog8811

Cheers Rog that is the same material I believe they touch up galv steel on construction sites where steelwork has been amended etc. Is it possible to see how your gates look as the web link suggests it is galv touch up or undercoat with a protective top coat.

I guess I am looking to see how the finish is left bare compared to hot dipped galv finish.

Thanks in advance. :-)

Is it possible to see how your gates look

The best I can do is the following from google earth as I cannot find any others that have been taken. It just leaves a matt grey finish which polishes slightly with handling.

If you are desperate I will try to make sure I have a camera with me when I unlock next time I am there.

Regards rog8811

goooogle earth gate01.jpg

The best I can do is the following from google earth as I cannot find any others that have been taken. It just leaves a matt grey finish which polishes slightly with handling.

If you are desperate I will try to make sure I have a camera with me when I unlock next time I am there.

Regards rog8811

That looks quite impressive for a cold applied Galv paint finish. And you say they have been in-situ with just that coating for a while. Could be a good solution to small Galv parts that are predominently under cover or semi-exposed. Especially using your gates as an example!

Thank you for the piccy. Much appreciated.

Regards