ferret rear u/j greasing.

griff66

A long flexible extension for the greasegun might help. I had my propshafts off when the engine was out, and at the time I looked at them and decided that you would never grease the rear U/J in situ , however there must be a way. We used to have a greasegun that had a 12" extension and it was really handy -

Although it looks impossible, I doubt they would have designed the layout and made this inaccessible. Best of luck.

yeh have got a extension for grease gun u have to get grease nipple at spot on right angle will try again sun access is thru plates on underside if no good will try a needle type fitting on nipple ( it will not defeat me!!)

yeh have got a extension for grease gun u have to get grease nipple at spot on right angle will try again sun access is thru plates on underside if no good will try a needle type fitting on nipple ( it will not defeat me!!)

If I remember correctly, these grease points were done every 12 months according to the SS, there was a good chance the engine was removed for some repair during that period and things like that could be done at the same time.

success with rear u/js greasing 12 inch grease tube with needle type adapter end, couple of flex hoses you hold needle end into grease nipple a willing volunteer cheers ian ! pumps gun! most satisfying watching the grease extrude out !:cool2:

success with rear u/js greasing 12 inch grease tube with needle type adapter end, couple of flex hoses you hold needle end into grease nipple a willing volunteer cheers ian ! pumps gun! most satisfying watching the grease extrude out !:cool2:

Well done!

Whats this needle type adaptor look like?

will try to post pic tomorrow of it. 12 inch long tube 1/4 dia one end fits into gun or extension tube other end has approx inch long smaller piece of tube hollow but with v small hole in it angled to a point, u push point into nipple where ball bearing depresses, pump grease gun ,grease travels out of point into nipple, it was the only thing that allows u to grease rear ferret u/js with engine installed. because end is smaller makes it easier to see if grease going in where access limited.

Edited by griff66