To wet your appetities

Tony B

Tony B

No offence meant mate. Just back from the Rock, got in this am at 06:00 B*** drive back with roadworks, typing brain a bit slow. You know what polotics are like in the Island.

None taken it's a friendly forum:-) yep I know what things are like politics and property rights wise, I don't have any reason to travel to the C.I.s these days the friends of my parents passed on many years ago -in fact I just realised how long ago it was, I feel old, remember the Bristol Freighters?:-D

Steve

Edited by steveo578
post midnight spelling

Some Jersey pics -however not great photos as they were taken with an old 126 kodak which gives a 8x8cm print on a fixed lens, rather like using one of those disposible cameras.

first set are of the FT 17 renault turret the one bolted together with flat plates. the Stellung covered a large instalation -just visible in the forground was a cutting and shelter for a rail mounted weapon, which could pull back into a "culvert" for protection, the opening starts at the corner of the roofless building. Only the rails remained but it must have been a reasonable size weapon to make this amount of effort- although it must be remember that the "effort" involved were slave labourers.

The un cropped photos to give an overview.

The exact location I can't recall but it was very close to a holiday camp, "the good morning campers" could be distinctly heard distinctly. I think it's on the North Coast and can't be that far from Les Landes- which is where I was going that day, Les Landes is where many of the heavy guns were chucked over the cliff onto a fairly inaccessable beach.

Steve

strongpoint overview.jpg

renault ft stellung 2.jpg

renault FT stellung.jpg

Edited by steveo578

Other photos

Renault FT turret Berliet turret although on a bunker it was not part of the strongpoint at St Peters Cross roads, as a museum exhibit to draw in tourists to the pub, -can't understand that, put up a sign saying PUB or BEER:-D The strong point had a mount for a heavy machine gun which was original. On the same site a 2cm St5 naval A/A gun found in a field margin in1971.

A search light,

A horse drawn GS wagen,

A type 82

An unidentified heavy car, having lost the grill I'm unsure to type, no doubt some-one will correctly ID it.

Steve

2cm flak.jpg

2cm flak 2.jpg

gs wagen.jpg

truck.jpg

Ft turret.jpg

searchlight.jpg

Ft turret back.jpg

VW kubel.jpg

The tower MP3 was for many years the base of Marine Jersey Radio. That has now moved and the tower has been refurbished and is avavilable as holiday let. Originaly it was the range finder tower for four 220 mm guns sited at a battery just back on the cliff. Now under La Moye prision.

The Mack is at Sam Pallot's Steam Museum, along with the WLF.