Foden fh70 gun limber resto

Here are some photos of my little project

first photo is how the Foden came to me, from Dave Crouch's yard.

The second is how it goes to show's ( pre resto),

The third is the first major job of fitting a new exhaust, ( if you see how big and long a fh70 Foden's exhaust is you will agree that it is a major job!!)

The fourth is removing the rear load bed, prior to needle- gunning the chassis, axels etc.

DSCF0573.jpg

DSC00002..jpg

DSC00107..jpg

DSC00131..jpg

Edited by simon stolly
adding more info

First photo

I took the chance with the body off of tapping the gear box dip stick and fitting a bolt to stop water getting in there. (common fault)

Second photo

I promised Wendy a dirty weekend!!!!!!! :cool2:

Third photo

It looks all stripped! but there's still loads to do!

All the awkward bits................:-(

Fourth photo

Needle gunning a truck the size of the Foden is a daunting task, but shot blasting would of put grit in all the joints and would of cost alot.

I used Clark's (Machine Mart) straight Needle gun (not the trigger air chisel one, no where near as good)

And a big compressor sticking out 10 Bar

Fifth photo

Heres Chris showing how strong a Bedford boy can be!!!

Having a truck that can dismantle it's self is a real bonus :-D

DSC00188..jpg

DSC00195..jpg

DSC00226..jpg

DSC00184..jpg

DSC00183..jpg

I would love too, but the amount of work to do (in my spare time only) and the £350 (and climbing) fuel bill and Beltring only 10, yes count em, 10 weeks away, it's not looking favorite.

Here is the latest photo of Camp Foden in typical bank Holiday weather, one day I will get some paint on her!

And another Foden that needs a bit of work

Wendy has killed one of the needle guns and we are now turning the house upside down, looking for the receipt!

DSC00233..jpg

DSC00237..jpg

I would love too, but the amount of work to do (in my spare time only) and the £350 (and climbing) fuel bill and Beltring only 10, yes count em, 10 weeks away, it's not looking favorite.

Here is the latest photo of Camp Foden in typical bank Holiday weather, one day I will get some paint on her!

And another Foden that needs a bit of work

Wendy has killed one of the needle guns and we are now turning the house upside down, looking for the receipt!

I see you have been having fun this weekend look forward to seeing the finished job !

Al

Hi Simon, my machine mart needle gun (the straight one) gave up too, and they took it back and repaired it without me producing a receipt. They take your details down when you first shop with them so should have the sale logged on their system. Mine has given up again, but I think it just shakes itself loose. Screwing the bottom section back in gets it going again. 12 hours use seems to knacker them out!