Reo's

Mark

Hi all

As I have not finished the jeep yet I got bored going to shows with my little blue van, so just before the W&P show I bought a 1958 Reo, a nice little truck to run about in.

CIMG0177.jpg

Jack be obliged if on the tiltle of American vehicles we could have the name Reo as well :-D

Well it had to be done, no tax, no mot (I will though) free fuel as it is muti-fuel engine, and its cheaper to insure than my jeep, and I believe it's the next one from your's Jack, correct me if I'm wrong

How does a reo compare to a jimmy? It's a lot cheaper I suppose.

Joris.

The biggest difference is that a Jimmy is a man's vehicle.

Ouch Jack, you certainly know how to hurt a girl :cry: the fuel used in contaminated, when people with jimmy's put diesel in petrol etc. it costs the recovery people £65 to get rid of, I pick it up for nothing, if it is too much petrol then put some white diesel in or some clean oil, providing the fuel is clean then it's ok AND FREE

Ah yes - one of the endearing - and enduring - memories of Beltring was the whistle of the Reo's morning and nights! :lol: :lol:

You know - when I got home Sunday night I was missing that sound from the background as I'd grown so used to it in the 3 and a bit days I was there :lol:

SIGH!! just picked up another 80 litres of free fuel and now I have a BIG problem :?

been offered 600 litres :-D but have to pick it up and find somewhere to store it :| means an awful lot of drums about the place, OH WHAT SHALL I DO :banghead:

Mark,

Buy some 220 liter plastic drums and store it in them, somewhere safe and out of the way. When we bought the 432 we were offered as much fuel as we could take from a recovery company. I found a local company who sold plastic drums for £10, hired a van and filled up 4 of them. I still have 2 left in a friends field...

Chris

Mark,

The 432 had 3/4 of a tank in it when we got it, so we just keep topping it up. I have no idea how much petrol or diesel is in the fuel, but it burns it all and goes very well! I would just pour it in and see how it runs.

Chris