Australian Centurion

Shakey985

Well I am now a part owner in a tank (a small part).

th_Film1284.jpg

This is were I was for my holiday crusing the Murray river or part there of, if your into old padle steamers and white water boating then its the place to go.

th_Murrayriver2010trip055.jpg

This is our new tank returning home to Puckapunyal, the last time she was here would of been in the 70s. She was aquired by one of our old COs who had her on his farm, she is 3 ways fit ie radio, D&S and gunnery. Her last crewcommander (while in service) lives up the road. She is not part of the Museum collection but is housed there, we hope to get her out on the range atleast once a month.

th_mynewtankorpartoff094.jpg

I missed Corowa this year as the Museum had other commitments but next year I hope to attend.

th_mynewtankorpartoff052.jpg

This is were I was for my holiday crusing the Murray river or part there of, if your into old padle steamers and white water boating then its the place to go.

Hi Paul,

Would your holiday cruising have been around Echuca? I was taken there whilst on the way to Corowa about 14 years ago. we had a trip on one of the old paddle boats. I recollect the steam engine powering it, was an old Marshall of Gainsborough. A really fascinating place.

That first picture on your post, was it taken in Viet Nam?

regards, Richard

My part of her is small, she is owned by the First Armoured Regiment Association of which I am a member ( only some of the members donated for her). She is a veteren of vietnam or part of her is the over part is kiwi.

When I have done a D&S course on her I can have a drive.

We had a visitor from your neck of the woods the other day and he told us that Bovington didnt have a running Cent ie 3 ways fit? which I find hard to belive concidering thay were the most prolific tank built just post WW2 and into the late 70s.

th_mynewtankorpartoff069.jpg

th_50-211.jpg

Hi Richard

Yes the top photo was from Vietnam and in my latest post one from on the Pucka Range.

As part of running the Sugarloaf Creek Hotel sort of legaly? we formed The Sugarloaf Creek Angling Club (Angling has 2 Meanings). Some of the member are boating down the murray in legs, starting from Yarrawonga all the way to the sea. The part I was ment to do was from Toolybuc to Mildura 430k.

This photo is at the Bitch and Pups as you can see there wasent much water.

th_Murrayriver2010trip024.jpg

This next one is of a short cut in the river

th_Murrayriver2010trip048.jpg

The boat I was on had to pull out at Boundry bend due to lack of oil in one cilinder and grabing.

We past one wreck with only the steel ribs rusting in the water, how thay navigated this river and towed barges is amazing.