Unknown American Scout Car

Hi all,

for the attached picture, I ask your identification help. You know I don't want to hurt the forum rules, so I have to confirm I am NOT the copyright owner and I have NO written permission to publish this picture. But I still doubt that this is really necessary.

The picture is from another AFV forum, this one: http://www.com-central.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=73

If you check the first thread, Posting Photographs on the boards, you see there is no concern about picture copyright. If you would take German law as base, the picture is over 70 years old, so it automatically is in public domain. And even if it were not, it is hard to prevent publishing a picture that is already published. Normally, it is sufficient to tell the source, what I did.

So tell me if you still see trouble. I could have gone to the other forum too, but I expect more expertise here to concentrate and to make further use of this also.

Now, if you please and are able to, tell me the type of this American scout car. Googling for "Scout Car Fort Bliss" and so on delivered no matching results.

Thank you, and regards, RT

phot5264a..jpg

oops thanks for putting me right:red:

As to the photos the photos shown on the other thread "loads of B/W photos" all seem to be U.S. Official, or other public ownership -NG, State, Highways, some have be used in many publications, but there are surprises - A photo of a marmon herrington T13 showing the crew compartment and others showing M1 scout car interior.

Steve

Edited by steveo578

Steve, 12x4 was the chassis model number it was built on, according to Crismon.

In that period the US manufacturers used to state the model number, and add " x4 " if it was a 4 x 4 version. The other period example that comes directly to mind is the 1939 Dodge TF40x4, basically a 1939 TF with a 4 x 4 added. One still exists in the US as I traded an original manual to the owner, and the TF40x4 was the model year before the Dodge T203 VF series.