The time has come to join up !

I have been involved with WW2 tanks for many years now and in my conversations with Adrian Barrell and Hanno Spoelstra they keep refering to realy good threads on HMVF so I have had to move reluctantly into the 21st century and join the HMVF and MLU. Unfortunatly my computer skills are rubbish so please don't expect anything complicated from me but I know that there are people out there interested in all sorts of obscure stuff and I need to talk to them !

I have owned the remains of a very late Ram tank for longer than I care to admit with the intention of restoring it as a Command/OP version. The project was stalled by my divorce some time ago and then other pressures but I have been collecting parts and information and have been goaded into returning to it by Carl Brown's restoration of a Ram Kangaroo for a customer. This has shown up how much I don't know of the interior of the C/OP so if anyone has detailed information please get in touch. I am particularly looking for the Parts list suppliment for the Ram C/OP.

I have also been in love with the M40 155mm GMC since being heavily involved with getting Duxford's one going and am looking for anything relating to its use by the British army. Please see my post in 'Tracked Vehicles'.

Best wishes to old friends and new

David

Welcome!

Just spotted your thread on M40's, somehow had missed this introducttion. Do you remember breaking my ribs going cross country on Salisbury Plain then squashing my foot by dropping about a dozen links of M40 track on it, all in the same afternoon? Frighteningly, that was nearly 25 years ago!

Cheers

John

Quote; Hello David

Time marches on..............I thought you were dead.

Bob

and

Welcome!

Just spotted your thread on M40's, somehow had missed this introducttion. Do you remember breaking my ribs going cross country on Salisbury Plain then squashing my foot by dropping about a dozen links of M40 track on it, all in the same afternoon? Frighteningly, that was nearly 25 years ago!

Cheers

John

:D You sound like an interesting bloke, welcome to the Forum!