Northern Ireland riot gear

RecyMech

Hello Gents,

I wonder if any can help me out with any photographs of 3 items of 1970s Northern Ireland riot gear. In particular the flak jacket (front & rear), riot shield (especially the grips & the size) & the 50s pattern steel helmet with visor.

Trying to source decent pics to create NI figures for our 1/24th scale Saracen & Pig kits.

Any digi pics e mailed to addresss below would be superb, cheers.

many thanks, Howard @ KFS (RecyMech)

http://www.kitformservices.com

howard@kitformservices.fsnet.co.uk

Don't be surprised if you end up confused by different designs of flak jacket. The story goes that when it kicked off, HMG asked the USA if they could provide flak jackets and the first people found themselves on the street wearing flak jackets with bullet holes in and with the blood of the previous owner still dried in. (I think it's discussed in A Long, Long War.)

In 1976 we had at least three different patterns of flak jacket in our troop.

• 2 months later...
Hello Gents,

I wonder if any can help me out with any photographs of 3 items of 1970s Northern Ireland riot gear. In particular the flak jacket (front & rear), riot shield (especially the grips & the size) & the 50s pattern steel helmet with visor.

Trying to source decent pics to create NI figures for our 1/24th scale Saracen & Pig kits.

www.kitformservices.com

Hi from Airportable. Do you still need any detail photos of helmet/visor I have one dated 53. also M1952 F.jacket with rifle butt stops, and I'm told my 68ptn. combat jacket is a made in Belfast one, slight patern/colour variation. Would try to take pics this week.

Regards.

Hello Gents,

www.kitformservices.com

Hi Howard,thought I would post this pic. anyway for intrest to members as I picked up the N.I. boots today for £1.50 at local car boot! They have history, used on patrol in the Falklands 1991. The seller was a neighbour, going in the bin if not sold today! Got to pop round and He has loads photo's to view, mostly penguins.

Regards airportable.

2010-05-09 Collection (7).jpg

2010-05-09 Collection (4).jpg