Gun clips - what weapon?

sabre

Hello,

can someone tell what weapon this gun clip is for? It is marked FV757210.

Ideal would be to have a picture or drawing with the weapon in the clip(s).

Thanks

Piet

I have never seen this type of mount before (Which is suprising as an Armourer!) But looking at the angle of the inside. It would SUGGEST that it may be from an Armoured vehicle. As some armour sides are sloped, when this clip is mounted flat on an angled plate. The gun would be at the correct flat plane to be out of the way without too much sticking out.

As it has an FV number on it. Clive Elliot MAY just be able to ID it from his vast library resource! :-D

I don't know sorry I'm not into weapons, but it comes up as 2540-99-825-2683 Clip, rifle stowage. Also used by Belgium. I'll have to go into microfiche to get more details. So hang on.

PS Can't find it catalogued on fiche. So what vehicle & what weapon was used by just UK & Belgium? If anyone knows the vehicle I have most IPCs in fiche but working backwards through all vehicles would take some time.

Edited by fv1609

old ad on fleabay suggests slr/sa80?

I dont think It's either of those. SA 80 hase dedicated type covered in black rubber skin.

SLR are the old Ally types with leather covered springs. Common as heck! (usually painted Bronze Green)

Silver paint finnish is indicative of AFV Usage.

The little rubber bump block at the bottom is not typicaly Brit either. :red:

I don't know sorry I'm not into weapons, but it comes up as 2540-99-825-2683 Clip, rifle stowage. Also used by Belgium. I'll have to go into microfiche to get more details. So hang on.

PS Can't find it catalogued on fiche. So what vehicle & what weapon was used by just UK & Belgium? If anyone knows the vehicle I have most IPCs in fiche but working backwards through all vehicles would take some time.

The only common vehicles used by Belgium and the UK were the CVR(T) series. Based on previous personal experience, mainly in Landies, we used the fitted weapon clips for SLR AND SMG. I don't think that weapon clips were weapon-specific.

Not too sure if this helps - It's stamped FV757181 and was removed from a scrap Saracen amoungst other items to refit into a Saracen restoration a few years ago. I believe it's one of a pair of brackets to hold the spare barrel for the turret mounted 30cal. or the bren gun.

bits 005.jpg