Re Before I forget thread

Degsy

Now getting it on the I maybe stupid, but...... > What oil types are best thread.

In the Opera browser the page loads till the penultimate entry, hangs with a "Document: 64Kb" message in the status window then apears to complete with the last post and half the penultimate one missing.

Don't know if thats of any help at all....

I've seen this happen last week too but then I thought it was a work-pc related issue but unfortunantly it's not.

I guess I'm not the only one who noticed that the site is ssssssllllllooooooowwwwww and I think that has to do with it. After a waiting for a while Internet Explorer just seems to break off the connection to the site and thus displaying only a part of the page. At least, that's my educated guess, it's something for the serverboys and I can't fix that. I'll ask Jack to report the issue.

A few things to try (as in fish in the dark).

1. Empty out your browser cache:

* Firefox: Tools / Options / Cache / Clear cache now

(If you have a wodge of free hard drive, you might consider increasing your cache size)

Internet Exploiter: Tools / Internet Options / General / Delete Files

(and Clear History if you so desire)

2. Force a page refresh:

In the URL bar, amend the page's URL, e.g.

http://www.hmvf.co.uk/smf/index.php?action=post;topic=1762.0;num_replies=3

by adding "/?" (no quotes) on the end. This will confuse the browser into reloading the page from the server instead of cache (which you ought to have emptied anyway).

The small print:

This information is offered as seen. No guarantee offered or implied

I've sorted the problem at the moment, it indeed has to do with a timeout setting on the webserver which causes the page to stop loading. Untill this is sorted I've set the number of posts per page from 15 to 7. This means the topics are spread over more pages but at least we can read everything.