Militantmk3 pics

Has your truck got the 12 1/2 litre AEC diesel fitted? What is the fuel consumption roughly for a Mk3 Wrecker compaired to the Cargo version?

Hi Loggydriver

I have not found out through experience yet, and my milly has been fitted with a turbo! so not sure what to expect! I have been using up a lot of fuel but much time has been running stationary.

The book says 7.8mpg ( not sure if thats combined or extra urban?).

Must be others with the info out there?

Iain

Hello Iain,

I was looking at the advert for your truck in CMV today when I was reading it on my break. It certainly cost a few quid. What I don't understand is this VAT lark. I presume David bought this truck from a private individual at a certain price. I presume that VAT was paid when it was bought at auction from the Army or dealer by the first person to own it privately, so why do you have to pay it again?:help:

That's not a bad figure considering the size of the truck. That's about what you get with a tractor and trailer pulling 44 tonnes but with a modern Euro4 engine.

Hello Iain,

I was looking at the advert for your truck in CMV today when I was reading it on my break. It certainly cost a few quid. What I don't understand is this VAT lark. I presume David bought this truck from a private individual at a certain price. I presume that VAT was paid when it was bought at auction from the Army or dealer by the first person to own it privately, so why do you have to pay it again?:help:

That's not a bad figure considering the size of the truck. That's about what you get with a tractor and trailer pulling 44 tonnes but with a modern Euro4 engine.

Hi

I had seen some last year at around £3-4k, they varried from "OK" to rust heaps, this one is clean with no rot, and in excellent nick. The only other good one recently was about the same price but not in quite as good overall condition. I could have gotten one much cheaper and spent a fortune bringing it up to scratch. The usual problem I have seen is rotten cabs, which are very expensive to repair. If I had the facilities to take on a project I might have considered it, but for the time being I cannot take on that kind of job. On balance this milly fits my circumstance, only small jobs to do and some ces to find , I can enjoy it as it is

I spent a lot of time looking around and I am sure many of us have had similar experiences, wasted time, horror stories etc. Will put some pics of others I came accross in the milly album soon.

Dave did not charge VAT as it was a private sale from his own collection.

Forgot to say before, the engine is the 12.5 AV760.

Last year I sold my DAF 400 26t beavertail cw 20tm crane for not much more. Is there any rime or reason to prices of our kind of vehicles? Not really I think!

Skint(almost) but happy now.

regards

Iain

I have to say I'm very envious. Like you say it's in fantastic condition and you have to stump up if you want a good truck these days. I only asked about the VAT as the price he was advertising had +vat next to it, so that was a bonus.

Do you think you will use the crane for anything?

Cheers

I have to say I'm very envious. Like you say it's in fantastic condition and you have to stump up if you want a good truck these days. I only asked about the VAT as the price he was advertising had +vat next to it, so that was a bonus.

Do you think you will use the crane for anything?

Cheers

Hi Loggydriver

Of course unlike my DAF this is a toy, but I will still use the crane. I need to pull the g,box on my M1008 and will use it to lift the truck for access (taking all safety precautions of course!!!). I have been used to having a crane around for a few years now on the DAF and previously an M62. Its somehow a comfort to have the facility ,but never use it! I used the DAF crane all the time for work but only a couple of times for myself, but when I was without one for about a year I felt as if I had lost an arm.

I have a friend with a Pioneer so will no doubt be required for lifting at some time, although the towbar will be needed more!

Cheers

Iain

Hello Iain,

What I don't understand is this VAT lark. I presume David bought this truck from a private individual at a certain price. I presume that VAT was paid when it was bought at auction from the Army or dealer by the first person to own it privately, so why do you have to pay it again?:help:

Andy, by law any VAT registered seller has to charge the going rate of VAT when selling any trade goods that are VAT rated, whether he has bought them from a private individual or a trade source.

IE he buys a bloggit from a man in the street for £10 sells it for £20+£3.50VAT he sends the IR £3.50.

Next he buys a bloggit from Withom for £10+£1.75VAT, sells it for £20+£3.50VAT and sends the IR the difference between the input and output tax of £1.75. If the new buyer is VAT registered and sells it on then VAT is chargeable again and so on until it ends up with a non VAT registered person.

Andy, by law any VAT registered seller has to charge the going rate of VAT when selling any trade goods that are VAT rated, whether he has bought them from a private individual or a trade source.

IE he buys a bloggit from a man in the street for £10 sells it for £20+£3.50VAT he sends the IR £3.50.

Next he buys a bloggit from Withom for £10+£1.75VAT, sells it for £20+£3.50VAT and sends the IR the difference between the input and output tax of £1.75. If the new buyer is VAT registered and sells it on then VAT is chargeable again and so on until it ends up with a non VAT registered person.

Thanks for that Mike (sorry mods for going off topic) So in effect this is a money making racket by the Government then?:undecided:

Hi LoggyDriver

I had forgotten that I have already had good use of the crane when my Ptarmigan workshop arrived!

First pic. is a "seasonal winter scene", with the w/s ( and a couple of Newfys) in the backround..

Next two is the w/s after picking of a low loader that was too big to negotiate my track.

No problem when you have a crane.

Regards

Iain

Photo-0027.jpg

Photo-0024.jpg

Photo-0026.jpg

Thanks for that Mike (sorry mods for going off topic) So in effect this is a money making racket by the Government then?:undecided:

Indeed... A friend of mine who has a very successful business, purposefully will not expand his business, because he, in his own words refuses to become an 'unpaid tax collector'!!!!

Those pictures are making the case for me to own a wrecker even more tempting!!! I could then remove my Radar Repair body so that I could work on the truck bed...:-\

"Aha, signs of an incurable ailment developing ! Wreckeritus is perticularly painfull on the wallet."

There is much enjoyment to be had from these kind of vehicles and they are usefull!

Cheers

Iain

DSC00028.JPG

• 9 months later...