I daresay you all know.

I thought straight modern diesel was O.K. but the stuff that is split 5 or 10 % with bio was dodgy.

I think if it was really lacking in lubricity more modern high pressure injectors with there far tighter tolerances would have more of a problem than the older stuff.

I daresay they took lack of lubricant into account when they designed them.

Engine designers know in advance coz someone says, we are going to lower the sulphur content in diesel in 7 years time, so get your digit out.

Volkswagen one of the largest car makers in the world seemed to miss the bulletin on bio diesel as their particle filters aren't compatible with it.

Come on Stormin, be fair to VW, there never was a Government anything warning manufacturers that in seven years time grollies would take over diesel.

What puzzles me is that nobody flogs an off the shelf after market solution.

It's the diesel particulate filter in the exhaust that's the problem not the fuel filters. Bio-diesel doesn't burn hot enough to get the filter to work properly and will clog after several miles.

VW / Audi don't recommend using anything with greater than 5% bio content. Means you shouldn't fill up at Morrisons which is 10% I believe.

You not having to add the blue lavatory cleaner to the buses then?

How long before we're having to add it to our cars as well?

The Dictator did want all buses on TFL routes to be compliant on the new emissions standard as soon as it came in. The companies took one luck at the cost and said...........,.,.NO!.....................

blue lavatory cleaner? whats that all about then

?

Nigel

Trade name is Ad-blue, basically urea which is injected into the exhaust system and creates a reaction to get rid of nitrous oxides. Let the tank run dry and the management goes into limp home mode. Alternative is huge amounts of exhaust gas re-circ which creates it's own problems.

Presume it works on a similar principle to mixing acid with an alkali. In the right proportions the result is Ph neutral and relatively harmless.

Doesn't this thread look a bit strange now that all of Delta's post's have been removed.

Looks like I'm replying to my own posts put not too when you read them

Just had a look at that link.

How complicated is that 4 catalytic processes?

Wouldn't like to have to replace those parts when they get clogged or go wrong.

Dare say it'll cost a few bob and make relatively new trucks that are a few years old head for the scrap heap rather than have these systems replaced.