I think I've bit off more than I can chew...

ACH

Question

I've been trying to get some of the welding done on the Bedford RL. I had to cut the wing off on the passenger side where it had been welded on and the top of the wing flange has rotted away and is badly damaged towards the door end.

I don't tend to do any exterior bodywork repairs, it's mainly welding up Landrover chassis, bulkheads and rad panels which are fairly straight forward flat surfaces, the RLs complicated curved wings are worrying me, I'll post a couple of pictures of what I've done so far but I could do with some hints on repairing the wing sections. I would like to get it looking right.

Cab 16.JPG

Cab 31.JPG

Cab 32.JPG

11 answers to this question

Sorry I thought that it's more likely that somebody with an RL would have replied as this seems to be a common place for corrosion.

Please see attached.....or would if I could work out how!!!!!!!:shocked:

Oh yes it's definately interesting to repair! Still working on the passenger side but now have a problem with my MIG welder, waiting for a new part so won't be able to do anything until it arrives.

I have taken loads of photos for reference on the strip down and I'm photos of the new panels but I'm still a bit stumped how to load photos on the new system, I'm sure it's very simple and I've overlooked something.

Vbulletin 4.0 (now 4.1) has a different image loading process as you have discovered.

When you click on "Manage Images", wait until the box has fully loaded, then at the top right hand corner click "ADD FILES" then in the next box it will ask you to select files on your computer, that's about it.

Intuitive it isn't.

When you've finished selecting files, click "UPLOAD" and just close the box when finished and 'SUBMIT POST' as usual.

Peter

Cheers Peter, I've managed to upload some pictures on LRUK, I've been meaning to reply on here but keep forgetting.

Davie - thanks for the link, I think I might have missed out!

Jack - just 'cos you've bit off more than you can chew doesn't mean you shouldn't persivier, unless of course somebody says something silly and you spray it out everywhere!