Morris gun tractor

phil munga

You are probably thinking of this thread: http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?15530-Morris-Engine

The engine - a six cylinder, type 'OH' - is the same as found in the CS8 15cwt and PU 8cwt.

The gearbox is type 'GJ'. The CS8 had type 'GH' or 'GN'. They are quite different. In particular the CDSW box had 5 gears and a worm drive to the rear of the gearbox to drive the winch gear mounted transversely across the chassis.

Don't even think about what was fitted to C8 quads - you're likely to go wrong.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cubic capacity is 3485cc, and was derived from the Morris 25 Hp. As Runflat says, the "OH" type engine was used only by the CS8, PU and CD/SW. However, I would think that a fair amount of bits and pieces would be interchangebale with the "OF" engine used in the CS11 and very early CS8 Mk 1. There are others on the forum that will be far more knowledgable than me on this. All pretty academical of course, considering the lack of spares for any of them. As I said on an earlier post, the 4 cylinder C8/quad have nothing in common with the sixes, apart from the 16" wheels and, possibly, the radiator.

• 2 months later...

Hi thier,

New to the forum but have got the addendum manual to the user handbooks for the early stuff, wiring diagrames etc, should you go for it drop me a line and i will send as much info as i can. Would not have believed you would find one after all this time :shocked:

Crying shame to see it broken for spares although god knows spares are very hard to find. Thier are so few of them about............please god a lottery win and i would dive on it..........mind you i would have to join the que !!

Just finished doing some work on my PU so will post some pics soon.

Regards

Tim

I just got an instruction manual fot the Morris Commercial CD CD/FCD/F winch

CD/S winch

Six wheelers

I have coppied the whole thing as its on its way out worn and burnt edges this has both the 4 and 6 clylinder lay outs and other goodies 144 pages unfortunatly i can only copy one side at work(I mean st home of course) But if any one needs a copy contact me