please watch this

retriever

Extremely powerful video. I am a serving paramedic and hope this is continues to be an event free christmas - road traffic wise. I am working next Wed and Thur nights so I hope it continues.

Everyone has the right to go out and enjoy themselves - just do it responsibly.

The drink drive ads in the UK have been getting stronger over the years, but that certainly hammers the message home.

There really cannot be any excuse, I have driven to pubs/parties in the past and had a few beers and either got a lift, cab or walked home and collected the car later the next day (remember you could still be under the influence the morning after!). For the sake of £30 for a cab is it really worth losing your licence or worse still having an accident.....even if you think you are OK there will always be that doubt in your mind.

Mick

Heres an eye popping fact -

The biggest killer of teenage girls is:

Teenage boys.

No, it's not a gimmick - it's fact.

At our fire station, we are running an event called Car'n'age.

We have youngsters from the age of 15 upwards come into the station. We give them a hard hitting presentation and also talk to them about our personal experience of attending fatal incidents and how it effects us.

We finish the day putting 6 of their friends in a car and carry out a mock RTC demonstration. Roof off, etc.

By time they go home they have obviously got the message. Whether they remember it is up to them.

Markheliops