Backwards identification

robin craig

We have in the the collection a Land Rover 101 FC Ambulance LHD with the tropicalised wood as denoted by the T plate on the side.

W have one almighty problem. We know the chassis number but absolutley no clue of the British Military registration number.

Before you all chime in saying its stamped on this and that data plate it isnt. Honest, ive looked.

Is there any way to reverse identify its identity?

Robin

Robin,

You need to talk to the guy at Land Rover Tracability. I was able to get all the data for my Wolf based on the chassis number, even the servicing history from the dealer who looked after it while under waranty. I am in the US at the moment, but I'll dig out the details when I get home. I think it costs approx £15.

Chris

much simpler way and free!

post up the chassis number as the 101 club have now published the VRN for every chassis number ever built, it will take 60 seconds to look it up and post the result back here

the club would also be very interested in knowing you have it over there as they try to keep the survivors register up to date

for a LHD 12v the chassis will start 959....

if 24v, it will be 964....

Edited by john fox