Far From Home

robin craig

Didnt know which section to post this in so chose subject vehicle to decide that.

Okay, so many governements and museums move ex military vehciles many miles away from their original theatres of usage, so they are discounted from this quiz.

Last night I visited a Lightweight Land Rover that was made in the UK at Lode Lane and in service with the Saudi National Guard, it now resides in Canada.

Lets hear other far from home examples

Robin

Well, my Ford-MH SnoGo was made in the US in '42, spent most of its working life in Scotland, and has just left for a sunny retirement down under - that should qualify for something ?

All it has to do now is re-cross the Pacific and it has done its' own world tour.

• 9 months later...

My M38 Jeep. Built in the US in 1951, shippe out to Korea for that war. Sold or donated to Pakistan, then a couple or more wars, disposed of and used by a range of people, pink for a while, then owned by head of British Council painted green with loads of chrome, bought by me (actually by wife), used for some years in Islamabad then shipped back to the UK.

Almost circumnavigating the world.

Edited by simonm
typos