Tanks at the Mill

This is a call to all the armour owners who are attending Armour and Embarkation 2010.

I represent the Wessex branch of the MVT, and am starting to organize our annual show, which is held at the Haselbury Mill on the A30 between Crewkerne and Yeovil in Somerset.

Check the link: http://www.haselburymill.co.uk

We were planning not to hold our show in 2010 due to the clash with Armour and Embarkation and Maiden Newton at War, but that’s when I hit on a plan. What I am proposing is we hold our show the following weekend, and as many tanks, HSTs etc as possible attend on their way home from A&E.

We are only about 12 miles from Maiden Newton, and as you will be able to see from the website, the mill is a fantastic setting. I discussed my ideas with the owner yesterday, and he has earmarked a field the tanks can use to park and play if they want, and use to park for the week between shows. He has also indicated there may, and I mean may at this stage be some help with transport for the lighter machines like Hellcats, Stuarts and HSTs.

Its early days, but I hope to organize some evening entertainment, including the band ‘Rave to the Grave’ in which the mill owner sings, I’ve never seen them but its meant to be quite a show, hopefully we can get some other bands to play aswell.

In addition to the armour, anyone else who wants to attend is welcome to help what will make what will hopefully be a special event for us. Our show is always a very laid back affair, with the only bit of scheduling being a road run on the Saturday. Hopefully spend Saturday evening in the bar, and Sunday relaxing and chatting to visitors.

I hope some of you can join us, let me know your thoughts as soon as possible.

Richard Fryer

Hi Richard,

Yes that is the same weekend as the Tankfest. We are working on getting some to Weymouth Veteran Weekend the weekend before, then A&E and some are going from A&E straight to the Tankfest.

Cheers,

Jack.

• 3 weeks later...