Late hello

ozm29c

Hello All,

Apologies for the delay in posting here as I jumped the gun and posted in the Tracked forum first.:nono::nono:

I live near Narrabri, New South Wales, Oz and work at the Australia Telescope (Radio Telescope Compact Array) as a Cryogenics Officer. I have two Amphibious Studebaker Weasels (albeit in kit form) plus a Ford Gpw. My reason for joining the forum apart from the good company here:):):):) is that I recently imported #2 Weasel from Sweden and thanks to some good feedback and information, both on the US weasel forum and here, I found out that this weasel was indeed used by the British Army.

In a past life I spent 20 years in the Royal Australian Navy retiring as a Chief Petty Officer Marine Technician. For the more senior members of the forum I was fortunate to Visit the UK in 1977 for the Spithead Review as part of the celebration of the Queens Silver Jubilee. I was young 'stoker' on the Aircraft Carrier HMAS Melbourne. I had a good time over your way spending Pounds and Pence like our Dollars and cents even though the pound was double the value. I do remember visiting a fellow by the name of Peter Gray who had MV's in Worthing. I wonder if he is around today????

Well thats enough for now

Cheers

John Wilson

Welcome, what a job you've got! Only an MV enthusiast would choose to collect over snow vehicles in Australia! You'll fit right in. As for Weasel being US, do bear in mind (which may be reinforced by a big stick) the inventor/designer was Geffory Pyke, English, in fact the archetypel English Ecentric (otherwise known by many at the time as 'a blithering lunatic) The Weaseal was for some bizzare reason security classified at the same level as the Atomic Bomb. The original conception was an air portable vehicle to carry troops to attack the German Heavy Water plant at Ryjukan.

I live near Narrabri, New South Wales, Oz

I do remember visiting a fellow by the name of Peter Gray who had MV's in Worthing. I wonder if he is around today????

Hi John,

Peter now lives in Normandy, I bumped into him over there this year at the D-Day commemeration.

On one of my visits to your country, I met up with a MV owner from up your way, he was a farmer at Wee Waa.......his name has slipped my mind at the moment.

On one of my visits to your country, I met up with a MV owner from up your way, he was a farmer at Wee Waa.......his name has slipped my mind at the moment.

Welcome John and good to have you here and thank you for your introduction!

Richard - you sure you don't work for the Foreign Office - you know everyone! :sweat: