Ferret Video I made

Matthewc66

I recently bought a Ferret. I am in the US and make videos on the side of all my hobbies.

I made one on Ferrets..

It is a first try but I think it came out alright.

I took pictures I found of Ferrets off the internet so I hope anyone's pics I used wont offend them.

Cheers..

Four minutes in are a couple of Ferrets on what looks like a runway. The pennants they are flying on the front antenna rods belong to 15th/19th The King's Royal Hussars (now The Light Dragoons). The commander of the near Ferret looks very familiar but I cannot put a name to his face. My belief is that this is some sort of leaving parade, and my guess would be that it is C Squadron at RAF Akrotiri, Cyprus, 1977.

At the end you have flagged Ferret as carrying Swingfire ATGM. The latter ATGM Ferret photos do indeed show Mark 5s firing Swingfire from a huge single piece turret, but the first couple show Mark 2.6 (IIRC) firing Vigilant ATGM (again IIRC) from launchers mounted aside the standard Mark 2 turret.

My only other comment is wrt the circle on the turret bearing what appears to be a callsign 21B. Under the pre-1982 callsign system (which predominated during Ferret's life-span) this equates to B Squadron, First Troop Corporal (where 21 is the Troop Leader and 21A the Troop Sergeant.

However, the symbol for B Squadron is a square, not a circle (which is C Squadron).

Under the post-1982 callsign system IIRC there would be no squadron callsign indicator (because under that system every radio net was meant to use exactly the same callsigns so that enemy intelligence could not work out what type of unit was using the net). The squadron indicator would be the square or circle (triangle = A Squadron, diamond = HQ Squadron) and IIRC the First Troop Corporal would be 13. Don't quote me: I retired as an RAC Control Signaller AFV in July 1982, exactly as the new system came in and I was never exactly familiar with it.

But hey, it's a Ferret, you have one and I don't, and it's very nice.