New to all this!

ACH

Hi, my name is Adam and I'm new to the Military vehicle world although I've always quite fancied a Humber Box or an AEC Matador, but they're a bit few and far between this days.

This week I was looking on Ebay and found a 1957 Bedford RL whilst looking for Landrover parts and thought mmm that's nice and ended up buying it to use as a work vehicle.

There's a few things I want to change and a few questions I need to ask but had a very interesting drive home.

Good to have you here ACH and saw my first Bedford in the film Wild Geese (incidently I was Roger Moores stunt double on that shoot) - have a wonderful sound to them.

We do have parking spaces in the Clubhouse carpark - next to the Champs (they are a bit like a Jeep....).

Kind regards,

Jack.

Cheers again chaps for the warm welcome.

So as Roger Moore's stunt double did you have to learn the eye brow technique?

The first RL I remember seeing was at a steam rally, Henham I think in the 1970s. It's interesting how many people know what an RL is, my father can remember them from his national service and one of my customers drove one in Northern Ireland in the 1960s, apparently it had a large partition bolted to it. But I think he's quite happy to stick with his lightweight, it was touch and go whether he was going to keep it, 'cos of the cost of the petrol but I converted his mates lightweight to 200 TDi and I've just done his as well. He now has a silly grin on his face most of the time.

I forgot this is not my first military vehicle, I had a 1965 BSA B40, ex-Royal Signals display team, great bike.

Cheers

Adam

Good to have you here ACH and saw my first Bedford in the film Wild Geese (incidently I was Roger Moores stunt double on that shoot)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh I am loving the forum tonight!!!!!! Have lost several mouthfulls of chardonnay over the keyboard, but that made me choke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and welcome ACH, nice truck