sam from norfolk

Sam

hello all,

so for my first post;

i'm based in norfolk, uk. the only MV i have at present is a series 88 landy, running mostly on old chipfat. i also run a TK pantechnican, converted to live in, a dodge 56s mark 2; a good general van and a 1972 leyland FG diesel - nice lorry, needs complete restoration.

i'm here to find out more about the older vehicles, 4x4, 6x4 and 6x6, with a view to towing a showman's (hoping to aquire one of them later!).

myself and friends set up the RCC - www.rollingclassicsclub.co.uk - and have since found great forums like these, so it's likely there's no longer a great need for the RCC.

hopefully soon be out and about in something tonky, maybe a mack, RL or reo. open to suggestions, as like i said, i'm new to this class of lorry.

thanks,

see you somewhere

sam

Hi Sam....looks like we have similar interests . I looked at a Scammell a while ago but ended up in a completely different direction with a Unimog then a second (one very rotten , the other in bits ) . I also have two showmans wagons , the smaller one I'm currently restoring as and when I get a bit of time , the second big one is presently composting in a friends field..I suspect it may well collapse before I am able to get to work on it . Nice photo's of the lorries on your website .

hi all again,

like the forum, great to "meet" such a crowd; to the point, positive, friendly. hope you all get chances to tinker on engines n axles together.

dave, i've been toying with the RL or Q4 direction; a few who know tell me they are simply not heavy enough, then others who've tried all sorts of combinations say it's all possible! i put a question up in a different section, and hope to soon at least work out what tool fits the job.

hope to see some of you "out in the real world" someday,

sam