Rover 10 was 88” SIIA from 1967 to 1971.

404boy

You are correct in everything , toastrack , single wiper motor etc.

Regarding front bumperettes , the definative answer is on page 14 of the Mark J Cook book The Half-Ton Military Land Rover.

It shows last of line Rover 10 , in service RAF photograph of 42AM48 headlamps in wings . Cross type front grille , military chassis with rear bumperettes but the front bumper has the short bumperettes (air-lift bumperettes now not used). Time line the Rover 11 would have been the same , some still exist but I don't know of a late Rover 10 in existance. Rover 10 & 11 - obviously a true military spec. - not like the S3 CL's.

One detail I am not sure of is when did the split rims get phased out? Neither of my Rover 11's have them. The image as discussed earlier does show them, but that is clearly (to me) an image taken of the early 40amp Rover 8 with the title changed.

My neice has a Rover 8 LHD FFR from 1965 and it does not have split rims fitted at the moment, but having been in civi street for many decades that is not suprising. Does anyone know the cut off date, if there was one?

While touching on the issue of the Rover 8's does anyone have in service photos of them? I have a few, but not many. I am after 1964 and 1965 specifically (EL and EN series ERM's). The photos I have are mostly from Aden in 1964 and Hong Kong (with MOBAT attached :D )

The image that Clive posted of the Rover 10 is very likely inaccurate.

Yes it is! The UHB AC 22152 from which the drawing is taken only refers to the 90A system. Indeed one can see from the drawings I posted from the ISPL AC 22007 that it only refers to a 90A system. But it does confirm the that the Rover 10 was indeed produced as a FFR which had been queried earlier.

As for mistakes in circuit diagrams, there is one in the UHB on page 166 showing the Generator Panel.

Just seen your post, here is a famous one, the start of Op Banner 14 Aug 1969 & a toast rack one at that.

DSCF1817.jpg

Ref Land rovers 10 & 11

MOD parts list dated April. 1973

88 inch w.b.

wheel 4.50E in. x 16 in. FV84919. LV6MT14/2530-99-809-2816

Cross ref to Rover = 217267 = WHEEL,PNEUMATIC TYRE 4.50 in. x 16 in. divided type

However IMHO - take that with a pinch of salt , the in service photograph of what seems to be a new vehicle in Mark Cook book are clearly well base drop centres (but this was a RAF Rover spec. - don't think the Army had any)

Earlier headlamps in radiator panel Rover 10's - I think you would have to find in service photographs & relate to age on VRM plates.

===========================

109 inch w.b.

wheel 5.50E in x 16 in. FV84930. LV6MT14/2530-99-809-2815

I think you would have to find in service photographs & relate to age on VRM plates.

That in itself is almost impossible! ERM's are usually only readable from the front and rear of the vehicle, and then it is written somewhere (I gather) that someone, or something must ALWAYS be in the way of the ERM. I have hundreds of photos of vehicles, usually with one person posing with it and always stood across the ERM.

Thank you for the parts cat snippet. It means they were at least demandable!