Help for Heroes, donations and MV's

Adam Elsdon

Just had an e-mail thats going around the Scottish Military Vehicle Group.

To firstly set the scene, we attended the Armed forces and Veterans day parade in Aberdeen in July, with a total of 15 vehicles in attendance for the parade, and as a group made our way down to the after event function, and parked up the vehicles and Al, one of the members set up his Dodge with his Help for Heroes banner and collection tin, "Doing his bit".

During the course of the afternoon, his wife noticed a young chap put what she thought was a £50 donation into one of the collection tins!

This is the e-mail that we just had from them:-

"We opened all of the Help for Heroes tins last night at the CoM so we could seal them up again ready for Leuchars and Scone. I had previously marked the tin with the suspected £50 note inside so I set about opening it first. Sure enough a folded up Fifty quidder fell out of the tin, but it fell out rather heavily on to the table. So I unfolded it and to my surprise there was another three fifties inside it. This chap had donated an incredible £200 to Help for Heroes in a rather selfless and anonymous way.

Now ain't that something."

Something, its absolutely brilliant and to my mind shows how a few old Military vehicles can add to the spectacle and provide such a draw to the public, the anonymous donater could of put his money in any charity tin that day, but he chose to put it into a Help for Heroes collection held by an MV owner.

And what an excellent charity to give his donation to, a totally non political charity that also helps other charities so our boys and girls get the best of care.

I am inspired.

Absolutly Blinking Fantastic. :)

Very well done, that man, I'll second Enigma's thoughts.

As someone who also collects for H4H, (how many of us do, on this Forum) I'm constantly amazed by the generousity shown by general public towards this worthwhile cause.

Andy