Bedford MJ jerry can holders

Stone

Some of the MJs I've seen have a jerry can holder on the left side, forward of the fuel tank, like this one. Does anyone know if it locks shut, and if so has anyone got a spare one?

Ours never came with one as the Ptarmigan vehicles had cable drums fitted there instead, and it might come in handy! :cool2:

I'd make my own but why bother if someone's got one...:)

Cheers

Stone

Yes you could fit a lock but it's not exactly secure just a small turn buckle. Probably best to fit a better lock, but then what's securing the main tank from theives?

Not sure about the logic of carrying jerry cans horizontally either, it's asking to lose some expensive stuff to leaks.

Some of the MJs I've seen have a jerry can holder on the left side, forward of the fuel tank, like this one. Does anyone know if it locks shut, and if so has anyone got a spare one?

Ours never came with one as the Ptarmigan vehicles had cable drums fitted there instead, and it might come in handy! :cool2:

I'd make my own but why bother if someone's got one...:)

Cheers

Stone

Yes they do lock shut, with the help of a padlock, I have one here but I'm in Cyprus so postage would be a killer.

Ah ok, if they only have the little twisty things like on the side bins then it's probably better to get one fabricated when we do the custom mounts for the bed. Cheers anyway :)

I'm in no doubt it's always possible to get into a fuel tank with a screwdriver but if it can be made a bit harder for the thieving little scrotes then why not?

Stone

Yes you could fit a lock but it's not exactly secure just a small turn buckle. Probably best to fit a better lock, but then what's securing the main tank from theives?

Not sure about the logic of carrying jerry cans horizontally either, it's asking to lose some expensive stuff to leaks.

As long as you have decent seals on your jerry cans nothing should leak out. never had a drama with these, well ok just a few times but soon sorted with the help of a new seal.:cool2: