Pig with swine flu!!!!!!!

FASTTRAX

HI ALL

Im having a little trouble with my pig, it starts and ticks over nicely,we've drained the dodgy tank after running it on the right hand tank ( IT STOPPED TEN MINS IN)and finding a white residue around the fuel filter,and we think someof it has fouled the fuel line from this tank. When put under pressure ie: normal driving, it sounds rather like a farmyard tractor, it will reach possibly 35 mph, is this normal a normal road speed?

It sounds like it has a misfire, we are about to check the carb for the residue.Has ony one got any other ideas other than the obvious.

Cheers Fasttrax

Before you do that are you certain that you are drawing in clean fuel from the tank you are filling? Tap to left = RH tank. Tap forward = LH tank. Not like on a Land Rover.

I would look at the plugs, they easily soot up. Replace them or sandblast them clean. Also check your condenser!

Then go into carb.

I once had a similar running problem & found it was only running on 3 cylinders!

Hi

Thanks for that, yes we only fill the left hand tank as we've had problems with the right before, we've cheched the points etc the only unusual thing we found was one of the retaining screws on the contacts was loose, the gaps checked out ok though.On the plug front how readily available are these items and how much can i expect to pay for a new set!!!!!

Cheers FASTTRAX

• 3 weeks later...

hi gents, and nice pic of the pig mark , fuel problems and missfires ,ISNT that normal:) 30mph is my top speed, and i took her to fort nelson last sat and shes got a missfire,but then fuel starvation, ,she was getting very hot. once cooled down. she went fine