M.o.t again

flywheel

Question

can anyone tell me if track laying vehicles need to have any ministry test to be used on the open road or they fall into an exempt loop hole such as vehicles over a certain weight and age,

also wheather there is a speed restriction on such a vehicle or what class of road that it can run on

cheers chaps!!!!

7 answers to this question

Tracklaying vehicles are exempt from testing because they are tracklayers, simples!

There is a speed limit, 20 mph ISTR but it's not well known and shouldn't be an issue unless you have a problem.....not that I am suggesting you break the law. :stop: :-D

All classes of roads except motorways.

Tracklaying vehicles are exempt from testing because they are tracklayers, simples!

There is a speed limit, 20 mph ISTR but it's not well known and shouldn't be an issue unless you have a problem.....not that I am suggesting you break the law. :stop: :-D

All classes of roads except motorways.

Are they limited to 20mph except on motorways or not allowed on motorways due to the 20mph limit?

Surely the likes of CVR(t)s are well upto keeping with traffic on motorway?

Are they limited to 20mph except on motorways or not allowed on motorways due to the 20mph limit?

Surely the likes of CVR(t)s are well upto keeping with traffic on motorway?

Not allowed as a class of vehicles though the speed limit would also prevent them being on the motorway.