wotsthisthen?

not just any old oil drum, thats a 25 gallon oil drum, I also have a ten gallon oil drum,...in the picture is also the case from a test set, FM deviation. from the days when I played amatuer radio, but that got converted into a Hydraulic reservoir...also in the shot is a......beer pump CO2 bottle and a Acrow prop, and a Matador wheel rim but wotsinthebloodycorner???

Hi guys,

Forty year enthusiast.

sorry, will do my introductions later.

Anybody, any ideas, where I start looking for a FV3005 (or similar) Sankey/Crane Semi-Trailer ( Dinky Toys example) to hook onto the fifth wheel of a Thornycroft Antar mark 2

Any leads would be appreciated.

Will tell you the story later!

regards ,

Mike.

Hydraulic power pack, (yellow) sits bolted across rear ramps. (which were also decked over with wooden planking.)

On the front of the trailer is a Side valve petrol air compressor. Capable of producing air at 400 PSI, the tubular chassis forms the Air Reciever.

I can only guess with that many tyres the Air compressor serviced the trailer. It was fitted (badly) to the trailer with steel wire and turnbuckles, and didn't look as if it had been off for many a year....Why that pressure was needed I can't say, I suppose it is a case of what ever you can cadge on the Airfield is what you end up using.

Hi guys,

Forty year enthusiast.

sorry, will do my introductions later.

Anybody, any ideas, where I start looking for a FV3005 (or similar) Sankey/Crane Semi-Trailer ( Dinky Toys example) to hook onto the fifth wheel of a Thornycroft Antar mark 2

Any leads would be appreciated.

Will tell you the story later!

regards ,

Mike.

Sorry, I haven't a clue. Good luck in your search. I was told that Van Dam's used to have some. I think you might stand a better chance looking on the continent...