Triumph 3S de Luxe

pawelcen

It's confusing Pawel ! If your frames are from contract C5108. Then they are earlier than mine and the later parts list which still show the clamp on field stand. I couldn't look at a weld and guess at when or where it happened. Maybe some of these earlier numbered frames were held in stock and used at a later date???

I've been straining my eyes looking at the pictures I have to see if there is a pattern. But in most pictures the field stand lug is either obscured or to fuzzy to see. However I would say that this bike from contract C7162 has a welded lug. 

Maybe some bikes deemed for a theater of operation were fitted with a welded lug whilst other bikes were supplied with the option to have a field stand fitted later if required........Buggered if I know?  Ron  

c01faa383018bac31a7b5eb3fc2ead06.jpg

I would say that, that lug and the welding looks identical to the one on my 3HW which is also hollow underneath. That would lead me to believe that yours is also a factory produced example.  Ron

DSCF2978.jpg

DSCF2979.jpg

Pawel, to get back to your question about the BSA, that bike was still in the British army untill 3-06-1953, when it was sold off probably in Mönchengladbach Germany, the postwar military registration number was 03-YE-93, my card gives the C number as C5212522, but this is out of sequence and it must be the number you gave, C5212599, it was probably misread when altering to the new ERM system. 

So I don't know if it was attached to the free Polish forces at all, but you never know!

A scan of the whole Key Card (with 17 bikes on it) is available for 20 Euro's See sample card.

Cheers,

Lex

wm20 584a fr samp.jpg

Edited by welbike
additional info

Hi Lex,
thanks for the information, I will pass it on to a colleague with BSA.
Has 2 pieces BSA WM20 with not matching numbers of engine.
There is a 1951 plate on one engine with another number.
I think the workshop repaired motorcycles and assembled them from different parts. It is important that they are functional.
Do you know anything about this R.E.M.E.? Where was it located?
Paul

BSA 1 plakietka silnika 60278 (zam. C11101 05.07.1941)  na silniku 89445 .jpg

Hi Gents,

I have a problem with the front fork that looked good. After cleaning, you can see that his condition is very bad.

Do you know any workshop that would undertake to repair it? Or you have another idea for renovation? Maybe someone has to sell such a fork for the civilian model with TL frame?

Best regards.

Trapez.jpg

After cleaning.JPG

After cleaning .JPG

After cleaning  .JPG

Too bad about the forks, a friend here is also looking for a set for his Tiger 80.

About the BSA's, that workshop was in Hannover, Germany, 12 Heavy Workshop (Hanomag) circa 1946 to 1951. so probably to get the Hanomag factory started up again, they made loads of vehicles for the German army!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanomag#Military_vehicles

Cheers,

Lex

Edited by welbike

Yes, of course Ron.
Do you also have a stand joint?
If you send me pictures or sketches, I will do it on a model.

Pls, send me your account number or by PayPal.
Better on my mail:
p.cendrowicz@pawotex.pl
Best regards
Paul

Hi,
finally, after 2 months, chrome and painted rims arrived. Spokes and nipples in accordance with the factory documentation came from CWC. The hubs have been refurbished and adapted to new bearings. Nobody makes old bearings models.
Best regards.

IMG_20200227_114917.jpg

IMG_20200625_221953.jpg

IMG_20200625_222026.jpg

20200512_105920.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Ron.
Pictures (from you) from the Triumph factory show that the motorbikes have registration numbers painted on a plate on the front fender.
There are no numbers painted on the back.
They also don't have rear lights.
Didn't the military bikes have numbers and lamps on the back?

Regards

Pawel

Rear number plate khaki green-black.jpg

Edited by pawelcen