abandoned WW2 tank wrecks ...

RattlesnakeBob

some superb looking WW2 wrecks here...some we've seen before but many not ..

..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MINy_WK8vQI

reading a thread on here quite recently I'm sure I read how rare 'Jumbo' Shermans are ?

at 1.49 of the film is a picture of an abandoned Sherman in Croatia...and the glascis plate definitely looks 'thickened' to me ? is this one a Jumbo maybe ???

Well worth watching as the film also gives all the map references of where exactly the wrecks are / were when the pictures were taken :)

Oh boy am I the only one who harbours fanstasies / dreams of mounting rescue operations? :)

Yep, Churchill MkII.

"Churchill Mk II hull – Springhead Hill, Storrington (UK)

"It was during the training leading up to the Dieppe raid that 'A' Squadron, 14th Canadian Army Tank Battalion (Calgary Regt.),

suffered what was then unceremoniously termed a 'dead-head'. This was the serious breakdown of a tank, and it is believed that due

to the impending Dieppe raid and the gradual re-supply with Mark IIIs, this 'dead-head' was deemed as unsuitable for repair and

withdrawn from service. It was then handed over to the infantry units of the 2nd Canadian Army Division and taken by them to the

infantry training grounds above Storrington. Here the tank was used as a range target being fired upon by PIAT anti-tank weapons,

amongst others, and when the troops pulled out after the war, was left sitting on the Downs. After the war, a member of the range

clearing teams, who now lives in Storrington, remembers that to remove the tank it was simply rolled over into a bomb crater and

buried. On 20 November 1993, the tank was recovered by the R.E.M.E. having been unearthed over the previous years by a number

of hardy enthusiasts. Once rolled out of its grave it was placed on the edge of the field where it remains to this day." (Glen Carter). The

turret has been used to aid restoration of another Churchill (Michael Fairbrother)"

• 7 months later...
Part 2 is more interesting, includes the PzIV on the Golan Heights.

I've not seen the one at 1-07 before.

Up-dated version of Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFalmuL7tEI

I have made ten films so far, glad you like them as it take a lot of work to find the correct location.

I personal would love to get hold of the DD Sherman in India (Part 8

)

Anyway you can see them all at

Sorry same music on all of them as its copyright free.

so you are the guy responsible for the best tank video's around, what you do that nobody else does is give the locations and a bit of background which must take a lot of research and for that I thank you. keep it up for all our benefit and yes I have been scheming about how to recover some of them :)

so you are the guy responsible for the best tank video's around, what you do that nobody else does is give the locations and a bit of background which must take a lot of research and for that I thank you. keep it up for all our benefit and yes I have been scheming about how to recover some of them :)

Thanks Eddy

Yes, they are indeed very good. I was considering the complexities and expense of recovering a DD from India. The solution, very complex and very expensive. I hope someone does it though.

That DD Sherman is on an old Indian army firing range and photos are only from 2014 so there is a good chance it's still sitting there.

h.jpg