Pickering '05 Wartime Weekend Photos

Hello everyone

I'm sure I speak for everyone who was there by saying the Wartime weekend was a great event. The vehicle parade through Pickering itself on Saturday must have had at least 20 vehicles and was greeted by hundreds of people, with a very large number in 1940's dress.

Unlike many, we didn't stay in the one place all weekend, but drove to the other stations ( Gothland & Grosmont ) to see the activities there, clocking up around 180 miles. Occasionally we passed a Jeep or Dodge heading the other way on the main North/South road, so if you saw a light olive jeep heading the other way, it was probably us!

As promised, here's a selection of photo's from the weekend and Pickering parade, starting with the parade.

Steve

673813.jpg

673814.jpg

Ok ok, now I am jealous, you guys do know how to put a good show on. I love the picture with you guys driving down the street and with the gentleman on the right with the trilby, looks wonderful. Tim 1 is looking pretty good as well.............how long have you had a tank Tim?

OOPs they look a bit big, no doubt Steven can resize em 4 me.

Can't lay claim to owning the tank Jack, only wish I could. It Belongs to Kev a friend of mine, I am just there as ballast to hold the turret down in a strong wind. :lol:

Tim(1)

BW2tanks.jpg

This is us as we were waiting for the off, sent to me today in b&W .

If you like the look of these get yourselves up here, its not all flat caps n whippets tha knows. :D

Its actually his real foot Karoshi ,he's a bit of an animal :D

Tim(1)

BW2tanks.jpg

This is us as we were waiting for the off, sent to me today in b&W .

If you like the look of these get yourselves up here, its not all flat caps n whippets tha knows. :D

Its actually his real foot Karoshi ,he's a bit of an animal :D

Tim(1)

Now that is clever.

Here's the wifey with the jeep. Shame the police didn't have 1940's no-parking cones!!!!!!

Steve

If I called Julie "wifey " I'd be wearing that cone, internaly!!! :lol:

Julie is the ravishing redhead in the picture with me earlier( thats brownie points scored there for me) :D

Tim(1)