Manufacture date of an Eager Beaver please ?

Mk3iain

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have been looking into this for my own EB, purchased from Ebay earlier this year. I belive they were manufactured from 1968 (for a very few MkI's) then from 69 - '73 for the Mk II's, although some perhaps later. Mine entered service in September '73.

I have not been able to locate if there is a serial number on the chassis , which could relate to the year of manufacture rather than the army vechicle plate, which presumably, was secured to the vehicle when it entered service ??

They were all manufactured at ROF (Royal Ordinance Factory) in Nottingham, which has I understand since been demolished.

Hope that helps

Kind Regards

David

Hi, I have been looking into this for my own EB, purchased from Ebay earlier this year. I belive they were manufactured from 1968 (for a very few MkI's) then from 69 - '73 for the Mk II's, although some perhaps later. Mine entered service in September '73. I have not been able to locate if there is a serial number on the chassis , which could relate to the year of manufacture rather than the army vechicle plate, which presumably, was secured to the vehicle when it entered service ?? They were all manufactured at ROF (Royal Ordinance Factory) in Nottingham, which has I understand since been demolished. Hope that helps Kind RegardsDavid

Thanks David

I am looking to put it on the road (short trips only of course :nut:) and 1973 is good enough now for free tax. I just have to work out what it should be registered as. :undecided:

Iain