WW1 Water Cart

Horse Transport

Oh my god ! thats im my opinion exactly the same pumps !!! do you own them ?

can we get some dimensions please ?

kindest regards

Nige

Nige,

No sorry, dont own one. I have a semi-rotary type on my 100 gallon Water Bowser. These are photos I have gleaned over the years. Two of the photos are of Bedford MWC's...would need to find someone with one of these trucks to take measurements; there is one in a museum near Arnhem, and forum member "Tomas" has restored one near Prague and am sure would help with measurements, see:

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?15406-Bedford-MWC-66144-water-tank

but there must be one in UK.

Just to tease, these pumps do still appear: dont know if you saw this thread on forum this weeK:

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?29865-Can-you-identify-this-WW2-Trailer-Bowser

Note the remains include the body of one of your pumps!

• 2 weeks later...

Collected some new and original bits including both new top and bottom retaining straps, two pump mounting brackets (sadly no pumps yet:embarrassed:) draught pole socket ,two swingletrees and a pair of dust caps, ill be water carting over the weekend(thats not cockney ryming slang) putting it back together ,also the new wheels were bonded with the tyres yesterday so hope to have those back by next week!

regards

Nige

new bits7.JPG

new bits1.JPG

Finally got the tank back in the frame and fixed for the last time after waiting for new hoops to be made, the team turned up bright as buttons and we set to our tasks, including cutting down dozens of old long 3/8 bolts and re-threading them again in 3/8 witworth, we fitted the pole socket to take the ash draught pole and bolted it all up ! it as come on a long way since we collected it from pompey last year, the whels are unpainted because they are not ours they are on loan till ours come back ours are the dust covered upgraded 200 C as per the Wagon GS mk X * Ours should be here next week i believe there is a video of them being bonded with the tyres ! good friday15.JPG

watercart1.JPG

good friday12.JPG

good friday13.JPG

good friday14.JPG

Nigel, you are going to have to buy a couple of power scources. :cool2:

Need to get a few loft conversions done this year for that to happen mate ! buying them is not a problem its keeping them, i can park the Gs Wagon up in the garage and leave it there in the snow and winter months ,cant leave them to themselves ,however I really would love that ! especially as i now have every bit of kit i need to put them in draught (Just got a pair of swingle trees )

Nige

Beautiful. How many cans of beer did that cost you then?

Tim

£1200's worth + postage :cheesy: which about half price for two 200A's , put one in primer already the local news paper the Kent Messanger is running a article on the project in this Fridays edition ! found two engines for it two once it is complete.

Regards

Nige

• 3 weeks later...