The shame of it

Degsy

It started its life with the US Air Force as an M35A1 fitted withthe 427 cu in Multi Fuel engine non whistler so had the big Turbosupercharger. Unusually the Air Foce upgraded multi fuel the engine to a Hercules 465cu in, again non turbo.It was one of a batch imported from Europe at the turn of the century and has apparently stood around with several owners until the guy I bought it from restored it and being ex Air Force has very low miles and hours.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope your not leaving it there restricting the rd width :-D

Bloody right I am, its got a tax disc and its insured so sod 'em, anyway the neighbourss like it, as if I'd care if they didn't:rofl::rofl::rofl:

A mate of mine stuck his head in the door when I was having lunch to tell me he has got more 'contam' than he needs, all I have to do is collect it and also told me where I should be able to get a regular supply. If I get time will follow that up tomorrow.

You are getting worse! :rofl:With this current 'Summer', I'll bet we see you lurking in feild entrances hoping a combine gets stuck so you can 'offer assistance'. :-D Ok so Lambo build tractors, but a REO has style!

If I wanted to tow combines this is what I'd use

Massey 8110 002.jpg

Congrats Degsy - looks a very nice machine . I'll bet it's a lot more comfortable than a Mat too !

Thank you.

The previous owner is a member of the forum and his restorations do him great credit. Ben swapped seats with his A2 as being tall the later sprung seat does not suit him but it's ideal for me as I have ducks disease ........

short in the a--e:-D so very comfortable and a pleasure to drive.:drive:

Skoda.

Yer lucky he said PW. Skoda built arguably the best tanks in Europe pre-war. One of Hitler's biggest gains in taking the Sudetenland was the acquisition of enough model 35s and model 38s (becoming PzKpfw 35(T) and 38(T) respectively, where T = Tscheschisch = Czech) to re-equip and redesignate his four Light Divisions as Panzer Divisions.

And so good were the 38(T)s that when the gun tanks became obsolete, they converted them to extremely successful Hetzer assault guns.

Yer lucky he said PW. Skoda built arguably the best tanks in Europe pre-war. One of Hitler's biggest gains in taking the Sudetenland was the acquisition of enough model 35s and model 38s (becoming PzKpfw 35(T) and 38(T) respectively, where T = Tscheschisch = Czech) to re-equip and redesignate his four Light Divisions as Panzer Divisions.

And so good were the 38(T)s that when the gun tanks became obsolete, they converted them to extremely successful Hetzer assault guns.

Yes made very good guns too!

• 3 weeks later...

stopped to have a look at your new toy last saturady night but was not sure which house was yours:??? Thought i'd better not knock on a door incase your neighbours might get fed up with people asking them if thats your truck! Had a bit of a look round it and it looks a nice one!!