USA (CA.) pair of 1950s champs for $500USD!

teletech

Just thought I'd mention it in case any of our other US members need more rust for the back yard.

Rough but impressively cheap!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5559851349.html

1953 WN3 FV1801

I have too many projects going on to take it on.

Just curious though, what does one of these weigh?

If it was light enough I might be able to stash one in the attic of my shop, you know, for later... :-)

According to Bart Vanderveen's book weight is 3668lbs or just under 1.7 tons (imperial weight not US). Incidentally the advertiser has got the model no. partly wrong, WN3 referred to the civilian version which was fitted with the Austin A90 car 2.66 litre 4 cyl engine. The military fv1801 was designated WN1 and was fitted with the Rolls Royce B40 engine and other differences such as waterproofing and electrical suppression.

Well, I'm no expert but I live under an hour from this pair and I can't recall seeing any others in the US, running or not.

I do see some land rovers, both civvy and issue running and otherwise from time to time.

Mostly it's Jeeps, M37s and cargo trucks but once in a while I see something unusual..

I saw a pair of Burma jeeps a bit ago (not running and they alway seems to be found in pairs) and the was a WWII Humber not far from me a while back.

Thanks Nick I wonder just how popular they were with our US cousins :)

Pete