My new toy: 1943 M5 1/2 track

paul_bish

well after wanting one for a while I have a new long term project via my pal Jon Hickman, its a nice early M5 1/2 track. I haven't done all the research h yet but assuming British (or Commonwealth use) and then shipped to Argentina where it looks like it was converted to a mortar carrier and had a Fiat/Iveco diesel fitted. Otherwise its pretty much complete and comes with most of the missing bits such as winch, lights, brackets etc

I am going to restore as a British (or maybe Polish vehicle) and keep the diesel engine for now. All rather excited if I am honest

1_small.jpg

2_small.jpg

3_small.jpg

4_small.jpg

5_small.jpg

Its still at Jons place at the moment until I figure where I am going to store it.

I was going to express my extreme jealousy at the cavernous storage building in which it was photographed, but it looks like it's not your own:-(. Storage is a huge issue, as I myself am finding out. After getting into this hobby, I am realizing I have to build a barn to store the merchandise!

• 2 weeks later...