Project Shoehorn modification

Keisergsd

Hi all..

I'm new to the forum, my name is Steve and I'm currently restoring a 130 Pulse Ambulance and a 110 TUM both bought from Withams.

I'm looking for some information on a sticker I found on the window of my 110. It's a red sticker which says 'project Shoehorn modified'.

can anybody tell me what this modification was? I've searched the web and can only find a couple of mentions but nothing with any detail.

Thanks.

Hi all..

I'm new to the forum, my name is Steve and I'm currently restoring a 130 Pulse Ambulance and a 110 TUM both bought from Withams.

I'm looking for some information on a sticker I found on the window of my 110. It's a red sticker which says 'project Shoehorn modified'.

can anybody tell me what this modification was? I've searched the web and can only find a couple of mentions but nothing with any detail.

Thanks.

Project Shoehorn refers vehicles modified by ABRO, when with the introduction of Bowman comms system, some of the TUM(HS) vehicles were found to be overweight. A rear anti roll bar was added which gave the vehicle an additional 150kg load increase, which changed the GVW from 3350kgs to 3500kgs.

Project Shoehorn refers vehicles modified by ABRO, when with the introduction of Bowman comms system, some of the TUM(HS) vehicles were found to be overweight. A rear anti roll bar was added which gave the vehicle an additional 150kg load increase, which changed the GVW from 3350kgs to 3500kgs.

That's great.. Thanks very much.. 'Shoehorn' ... I guess the clue was in the name!!!!

ive almost finished the TUM.. The Pulse could take a bit longer. It was hit in the front by a motorcycle, mainly cosmetic but I want to use all original parts.

Thanks again.